• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public Retouching Tool?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a lot of rune library's and vendor houses will often set out a full set of dye tubs for public use. I was wondering if anybody has done this with an Ethy Retouching Tool? This would be great for the community if someone locked one down at a luna vendor house and set the security to "anybody". Has anyone seen a house with one of these?

T

Threnody

I was asked about this and went about getting one for my library.

The good news: I have one!

The bad news: It cannot be locked down for use like a dye tub can. The Retouch tool has to be in your pack as do the ethereals you want to change from colored to not or vice versa.

I have just been having people reach me if they want to use it and just passing me the mounts they want done. I guess the question is.. how much do you trust your local librarian?!

(Ps: Boo Luna... do not forget we places only a moongate away! My library is now just outside the last choice moongate of the Tokuno Islands set!)

T

Threnody

An 11th year (correct me if wrong) veteran reward that lets you "color" your ethereal as if it were "alive" or take ones that are already colored and change them back to their ethereal look.

T

Trinsauce

Threnody has had all my ethy's in her possession and dyed them all and gave them back... trustworthy in my book... I still need to get my charger of the fallen dyed...

On a side note, I think the swampy's look the best dyed...

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An 11th year (correct me if wrong) veteran reward that lets you "color" your ethereal as if it were "alive" or take ones that are already colored and change them back to their ethereal look.
Thanks a lot for explaination :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked about this and went about getting one for my library.

The good news: I have one!

The bad news: It cannot be locked down for use like a dye tub can. The Retouch tool has to be in your pack as do the ethereals you want to change from colored to not or vice versa.

I have just been having people reach me if they want to use it and just passing me the mounts they want done. I guess the question is.. how much do you trust your local librarian?!

(Ps: Boo Luna... do not forget we places only a moongate away! My library is now just outside the last choice moongate of the Tokuno Islands set!)
:(

Hope they change it so it can be used like a dye tub.

T

Threnody

You and me both.. >.>

It almost feels like a waste of gold, almost. Definitely getting there in my mind.. but, if anyone wants to save a vet reward feel free to throw me an icq. I have dyed quite a few folk's ethereals now, may as well make good use of the silly thing.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thren dyed 6 of my ethies. I handed her all 6 including 2 ethy cu's and she died em all in a few seconds and gave them all back with no problems at all. Thanks again Threnody for your help, I really appreciate it. And I hope they change it too so that you can lock it down at your awesome Rune Library.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i can help anyone out with this as well as i have one.

and reds too!