• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) ..: Public Hunting Nights Calander :..

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have changed this Calender to fit what people are telling me, as i said i always do whats best for players, so here goes, people want to just do what they want, so maybe someone would wanna do a scalis or maybe a meli, so when we all meet at WBB on the 7th we will discus what monsters to hunt - thank you.

Public Hunt Calendar
November
..: Thursday 7th 8:00pm GMT :..

..: Thursday 14th 8:00pm GMT :..

..: Thursday 21st 8:00pm GMT :..

..: Thursday 28th 8:00pm GMT :..

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like that bud im off Thursday so I plan to be there for sure...awesome job :)

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
very nice idea, i just hope that there are not only total uo professionals welcome
*hopes*
;)

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
that calender might be changed alittle depending on the people that turn up ( High seas) and maybe people might not be up for some things but we will see when we get there, this is the main structure for it anyway, im glad you all like the idea, was the public's idea i just tried to make it happy to keep everyone happy and keep everyone in Europa! :)

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I aint goin nowhere bud but the enthusiasm is very much a great thing (why didn't I think of this? :twak:)

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well. as i said before i will change things to fit peoples needs, and i have had alot of Requests to just do things as they come, so not to make 1st 2nd 3rd 4th to just get a few keys and just do what comes, so thats what i am going to do.. If you re-read the Calender, i will redo it so that people can see :)

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
First Public Hunt Went Very Well! We did a Scalis! and 2 Medusa! came to 9:00pm and we called it a night! next week will be the same!! so make sure your there!

Scalis!
Scalis.png

Medusa!
Medusa.png

We had Graet Fun! Hope t osee some more next week!

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
indeed it was great fun!. for a newbie like me, who did all these monsters the first time, it was a bit learning by dying, but it was great fun and a very good lesson!
thank you!!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
indeed it was great fun!. for a newbie like me, who did all these monsters the first time, it was a bit learning by dying, but it was great fun and a very good lesson!
thank you!!
Well, to explain the mechanics of Osireadon a bit; Frodo gave me some of his rare white nets from pulling up Messages In A Bottle at sea. At GM to 120 fishing skill there's a 1 in 4 chance the white net is him, but it can also pull Leviathan or just a lot of Kraken instead. In this case, I sailed over to Deep Water and cast a net, and got him first time. Then I pulled him back to the docks on my Orc ship, jumped off so he followed me into you lot, then (after much running about trying to get rid of a Revenant that mysteriously appeared) I pulled the ship in behind him to stop him running about.

Normally he'd attack the ship too (as does Charbydis the other High Seas aquatic adventure) but you lot were doing so much damage he stayed by the docks. I was hitting him with my cannon; an Orc ship with 150% damage and Heavy Cannon Balls does 1300 hit points per blow, which is why he was having sudden hit point drops, but then I realised I'd ran out of fuses for the cannon, and hadn't any more handy, bah.

Osireadon has anti-life leach code, summons eels that leach life from you, and throws patches of blue acidic water about that damage you if stood in them. If you're not good at hitting him directly, you can heal other people's pets or clear off the snakes for the team... or if you have any cannon ammunition you can fire from a boat too; I don't leave the cannon public on my own ships anymore as there is one particular saddo who disarms them at public events and takes the ammo, but if you'd have brought up a boat you can get two or more facing nose inwards and fire at him when he crosses your path!

At Medusa, I was the bard running around constantly, you can see me casting Vas Corp Por in the screenshot. Medusa clones any pets or summons that are about (they'll show red as "Name (Evil)", and petrifies you in place occasionally; direct damage is more useful there then, but I was discording her to make her easier for others to fight. Discord works against Osireadon too, but you'll need 120 music and 120 Discordance and GM or better instruments to stand a chance against either.

The party mechanics were that we all get credit as a team by the time her health is down to 50%, so we all get looting rights; but by splitting the party after that it forces it to randomly place it on a particular individual player's version of the corpse, otherwise the fastest looter gets first pick every time as the team all sees the same single lootable corpse. More modern games have random Need or Greed rolls instead :)

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
unfortunetly RL called and I got home too late so I will be there next thurs :) (or at least try)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo may not be able to make it today, but if not I'll pick up on his behalf. I don't have time to provide any keys, but I still have the white nets and also some Charbydis bait so you can see that rare fight at least; bear in min Charbydis ONLY rewards the fisherman who ground out the bait and the oracle, he has nothing on his corpse at all I'm afraid. They said they'd change it, but haven't yet sigh... Still I don't mind using some for you all as I have a bit left after nearly 1000 fishing quests ;)

Morgana will have her Britannian Ship at New Magincia docks again at 8pm then, if there's no Frodo.

Last edited:

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thankyou to Adol for taking over for me that night, had real life stuff to attend to, but im glad it went on and i will be back next week with different stuff hopefully, but again thankyou adol :)

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We used the Britannian ship instead of the Orc one because it's more strenght and it's always wise to have more room to run away, heal and back , even if the Orc ship do more damage by its cannons :)