• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Pub 80

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new pub this is what we get fixed.

Lava Lobster fishing was fixed
The Fisherman’s Suit will now provide the appropriate bonus to the chance of catching Charybdis

So does this mean we will finally be able to pull a void lobster out? Im sure plenty will be happy.

I still dont think Ill pull my fisher out of early retirement. Quests weren't addressed, and baits still will be useless.

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They added stackable fish pies!

Fishing bait really doesnt work well because you burn it up catching boots and little potion fish; however, bait does work for crabbing and you do see a small difference. The thing that is really tough about crabbing is you never catch a legendary on the first pulse, however you never lose a trap on the first pulse either. The first pulse is at 1min on the dot, the second pulse close to 2.5-3mins and third around 6-7 mins and so on. Starting at the second pulse you will begin to lose traps and with lava trapping most people cant afford to lose them. My hope with this patch is they make the void lobster attainable on the first pulse even if it is a very low percentage. Getting the bait for this bugger is a whole different issue and hopefully the devs will address this once pub 80 is patched and running smooth. Fishing love coming soon!!??

Cmon one more good one!

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can hope.....
The Devs are certainly looking at ideas for fishing and have pinched a change suggested by a guildmate regarding fishing hooks, so if you can think of something awesome feel free to keep bumping the first thread and let's hope they GM stealing!

I certainly shall be trying for the Void tomorrow, although I don't have any bait and it's already live on Origin, indications seem to suggest. But still, hardly anyone has done any fishing recently, and certainly not submitted your quest results (ye swabs!), so I'm crossing my fingers no-one has any lava traps to beat me! (I've got 12 waiting...)