• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 80 and peeps that like to deco

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have any of you folks had a chance to test out your ladders much? Its a complete nightmare to do now what we once were able pre pub 80. Positioning ladders is very difficult now and not friendly anymore for placing deco and gozas at high levels. Im very disappointed with this change...

A positive thing though is the "Retrieve" function, is very nice for getting items that were out of LOS.

What are your thoughts?

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warning, I may go on a rant so might want to tune out now.
My thoughts....here goes... The housing code should have been properly tested by Devs before release of this patch. That's the bottom line. It should not have been left to test shard or Origin to find the house customizing issues that seem to be never ending. If they did not have time to test properly prior to release...it should have been rescheduled for a later patch.
First it was items unlocking, now it's the inability to delete teleporters. All for what...retrieve function? I'm sure most things are done because of the crying that is heard over lost or "lifted" items because people do not use common sense when locking down or releasing a new piece of deco or a container.
Personally I do not think the retrieve function was needed, especially for the amount of "inconvenience" this has caused. Yeah, I'm probably going to snap if I hear "sorry for your inconvenience" one more time. LOL Anyway, you still run the risk of losing or having something stolen from someone hiding in the house when an item is being locked down. So what's going to be next, a patch for that? And I haven't even gotten to how some of the deco is behaving after placement that was in the original topic.
In all my years of playing UO I have never run into so many housing issues as we are experiencing after this patch. Housing is a crucial part of this game for MANY players. If I can't customize without constantly cringing, or can't have deco placing without going back to the days of stacking fish steaks....well yeah you all probably know where my mindset is on this.
/rant

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Sorry for your inconvenience... *waits for it*

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree with you 100% Nurse Miss Maude....and for the record, I think you should dose Kelmo with a sedative before he gets himself into trouble. Call it a ....pre-emptive strike :)

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, with all the housing problems that by adding "retrieve" has caused, its definately not worth it. The ladders are what really boggles me... why did they feel that they were bugged or perhaps exploited for so many years and now make a change? Maybe its because ladders were never intended to be placed on the steps of a castle? If so, is this change overall good for the game or bad?

Devs lets not restrict the tools from those who are creative left playing this great game!