• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 70 Styg Abyss Quest/Mobs

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone tested these out? Curious to know if there are any new items worth bothering over.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I wanted to test this but none of my guys have done the quest on that shard and I am to busy to stop and build suits and such! Be very happy when we can copy characters to test

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to test this but none of my guys have done the quest on that shard and I am to busy to stop and build suits and such! Be very happy when we can copy characters to test
I can help you do Unorus if you build suit ;P

I couldn't find any "new" mobs in Abyss :/ yet...

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's my home shard, I didn't have a problem stealthing around the Abyss... Didn't see anything new. :(

The two quest NPCs were UNDER the floor of the bottom floor of the palace in the Royal City. They want you to get 3 crystals from the outcasts in the Abyss, however a half hour of farming didn't net me any.

Note to Devs: When making guard-type NPCs in armor, please give them leg armor as well. A chainmail shirt and SHORT PANTS just looks damn silly.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've killed dozens of Rousers and haven't seen a Void Manifestation.... am I doing something wrong guys?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've killed dozens of Outcasts (more of them around than Rousers) and I only saw Void Manifestations spawn from Rousers just before they die (7 times, all Rousers).

If you're in TC1 currently, I can come to help you check how these creatures spawn.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YEAH! we are at the encampment in the southwest corner... Donald Trump and Freaky Freddy

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, we saw a Void Manifestation spawn while killing a Rouser yesterday with Slickjack. We're not sure what triggers them to spawn since they dont spawn from every Rouser. Maybe Rousers summon them like Rising Colossus or Animated Weapon.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's my home shard, I didn't have a problem stealthing around the Abyss... Didn't see anything new. :(

The two quest NPCs were UNDER the floor of the bottom floor of the palace in the Royal City. They want you to get 3 crystals from the outcasts in the Abyss, however a half hour of farming didn't net me any.

Note to Devs: When making guard-type NPCs in armor, please give them leg armor as well. A chainmail shirt and SHORT PANTS just looks damn silly.
It does, and I hope they change it on the new NPC.

Be aware, though, that this ain't new. I don't know how long ago this weird trend started but I noticed it a few years back; a lot of guards and other fighting NPCs walking around with armor on their upper half and a gleefully exposed and vulnerable lower half.

Very, very silly looking indeed.

Chain shirt and chain leggings does the job. If you want to go more elaborate, full plate with the western plate gorget (as opposed to a mempo) also works. And, of course, if it's a guard from Tokuno? Full samurai armor, minus mempo so we can hear him talk, works.

:)

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the impression from the UO Guide article that this worked like a champ spawn, with the Void Manifestation as the champ.

Basically, work the spawn, kill the Manifestation, sometimes you get the thing(s) you need for the quest, turn in said thing(s) for reward.

Whether you get said reward every time or if it's like the Abyss Housing/Ricardo Treasures event(s) is unclear to me.

-Galen's player

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether you get said reward every time or if it's like the Abyss Housing/Ricardo Treasures event(s) is unclear to me.
You get both of the rewards, every time. They're even on quest log.

Basically, work the spawn, kill the Manifestation, sometimes you get the thing(s) you need for the quest, turn in said thing(s) for reward.
Not sometimes, but everytime: every Void Manifestation had a crystal so far.

I had the impression from the UO Guide article that this worked like a champ spawn, with the Void Manifestation as the champ.
The article was not intended to give that impression, but you might have just solved how these creatures spawn Galen, we need to further test it :).

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get both of the rewards, every time. They're even on quest log.

Not sometimes, but everytime: every Void Manifestation had a crystal so far.

The article was not intended to give that impression, but you might have just solved how these creatures spawn Galen, we need to further test it :).
:)

Someone else on u-hall said it was random. We shall see! Sorry for misinterpreting the article.

-Galen's player

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet! A Fey Slayer for my Thrower! I'll be in the Abyss for a long time! And now Throwers can parry with a shield? I can hear the PvPers crying Foul now :)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fey slayer for throwers is nice, the bow is inferior to the ironwood bow, imho.

I"m not really decided on the shield, but personally I don"t like resonance and casting focus much. the caps are too low to rely on it, so I rather have other properties on my suit. But thats up to everyone themselves.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why weapons have fixed leech and damage type mods? They could make them random like shield have.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you have to do is attack a Rouser, but the problem is you have a % chance or a timer before the next Manifestation will appear in that camp. So, for example, a guy and I killed maybe 15 Rousers in the north most camp and we didn't get any Manifestation appearances. The RNG or timer makes the quest sort of difficult to accomplish, and I feel like the slow process will kill on larger shards since there's only one crystal drop per manifestation and since it takes so long, at times, to acquire the manifestation. Also a concern is how people can lead manifestations away, as I do not believe they have a bind-back should they be led too far from initial spawn.