• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 54, Factions Fixes, TB need YOU

• Thread starter SilentFoxXy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

SilentFoxXy

With Publish 54 due very soon, and the 'Events' 'Strangers' etc now really taking off, it cant have escaped your attention that Factions has received a much needed makeover, with a whole multitude of Fixes, tweaks, and bonuses.

With Draconi already in print promising a hugely fun time, with rewards for participating Factioneers, etc, NOW is the time to join a faction, and chose your Sides.

The Shadow Lords are one choice you have, dark, n dirty, nasty little people who think they rock....

The Minaxians are even.....if possible, dirtier and darker.

The CoM, ok, they kinda have a few morals, but still very very shady and RED....

This leaves the ONE TRUE Faction, the START of the whole shebang,

The Honourable, the truly compassionate, Truly caring, Honest, and Chivalrous TRUE BRITTANIANS.

I am PROUD to say I have finally been able to secure the post of Commander of TB.

Im not a 'Draconian' leader (Geddit??:) ), I just love to play, love to fight, and love to stand for truth and honour. Im certainly not a nasty witch who tells you what do, and am so open to ideas and plans that you would think you were commander...;)

If you are a decent minded, honourably biased character, PLEASE True Brittanians needs YOU, and needs you NOW.

The massive rewards and benefits to factions only really comes to be worthwhile when a Faction controls a certain town.

At present, with some members at university, at work, away, bored etc, there are only a handful of us about, and even less who show up regularly.

I have several characters in the Faction, A Ledge Thief/Stealther, A Pet controller, 2 very solid 150,150 str/dex uber buffed warriors, and a ledge Crafter.

Currently Im stealing sigils, running them home, and then watching as 3 opposing factioneers enter and take them back, I dont have a hope on my own to defend, much as I would love to be able to do.

True Brittaninans needs YOU :) NOW!!

When you join, you are eligible for a Free blessed Faction Robe.

As soon as we secure BRITAIN for our own, as it should rightfully be, you can then , once level 2 (Kill 1 Dark Wisp!!) own a gorgeous FACTION WARHORSE, a horse hued in Faction purple, with much greater stats than a normal horse, and who you can rezz with 1 bandage even with 0 tame/vet.

You also become eligible to wear BLESSED, Enchanted, Enhanced FACTION Armor and Weapons, ensuring you dont need to lose insurance whilst fighting for the cause.

You also have the warm glow of fighting for justice, and , having a real say in the shaping of our world through the forthcoming promised bits n bobs which have been dangled for us to look forward to.

If you use another well used forum, please pass the message around.

So, please, give me a yell, any time, and lets get True Brits back on the map.

450-150-281
Or PM me thru here.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

FINALY ! .

I have read a few of your posts and Im happy that TB finally got a leader that will die for the cause.Im like you an extremely Good kind of player.
Last time I played in factions about ,well lets say along time ago,I was ofcourse in TB.

In what way are factions better now than 1 year ago?
Is it possible to be more of a casual factioneer,like 2h a few times a week instead of your 6 hours daily?

For how long are the faction blessed items blessed?

Regards
The Scandinavian

S

SilentFoxXy

Hi there,

FINALY ! .

I have read a few of your posts and Im happy that TB finally got a leader that will die for the cause.Im like you an extremely Good kind of player.
Last time I played in factions about ,well lets say along time ago,I was ofcourse in TB.

Is it possible to be more of a casual factioneer,like 2h a few times a week instead of your 6 hours daily?

For how long are the faction blessed items blessed?

Regards
The Scandinavian
Hi Hun,

I pleased to say several like minded folk have got in touch, and we would now be looking at at least 5 or 6 new members, which is superb, so happy.

Ok, your 3 questions:-

1:) When Pub 54 is live, the block on non faction healing in Tram has been removed.

2:) The quit time has been changed to 3 days.

3:) More than 1 character per account may join the same faction, only 1 faction per account for obvious reasons.

4:) Crafting is , again pub 54, fixed, enabling blessed, enchanted buffed items.

Is it possible to be more of a casual factioneer,like 2h a few times a week instead of your 6 hours daily? - Yes, you can always help guarding, transporting or even stealing sigils, or on raids to opposing strongholds, the more the merrier.

For how long are the faction blessed items blessed?- 3 weeks

Anything else, or just want to chat, shout me on ICQ, always on, maybe be 5-10 mins but Im always somewhere near:)

CatT

Oh, BTW- Stratics has a super 3 page section on factions for those that dont know whats what, worth having a read:-

http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/factions1.shtml

NB:-

PLEASE be aware, there are several traps surrounding the TB castle, placed by opposing faction who atm controls the town, be careful until I remove them....

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How useful are Sword Dexxers in Factions? Would I just be ripped to shreds by Mages?

I could switch it out for archery I suppose... but I'd only be 115 (120 swords atm) since I can't afford a 120 scroll at present.

How hard would it be to train archery to 115 from 100 these days? I heard golems don't work?

S

SilentFoxXy

How useful are Sword Dexxers in Factions? Would I just be ripped to shreds by Mages?

I could switch it out for archery I suppose... but I'd only be 115 (120 swords atm) since I can't afford a 120 scroll at present.

How hard would it be to train archery to 115 from 100 these days? I heard golems don't work?
IMHO....2 dexxers working side by side a re a match for a decent set of mages......

Also IMHO, Each archer Ive taken into PvP seems to get ganked kinda quickly, feels like swatting them with the bow rather than hitting them....but thats personal experience, and am not a very good archer....

Archer, 100- Add Hunters, bingo......or just go grind in Despise on the OLs.....

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok ok the above speach has won me over...Joining Baldrick up now...!

S

SilentFoxXy

ok ok ok the above speach has won me over...Joining Baldrick up now...!
Im so glad that this little recruitment drive seems to have had the desired effect. Over the past few days Ive met 6 like minded, friendly folk, all of whom have joined up, and also a couple here that I have yet to meet.

Slowly but surely building our faction to what it should be...:)

If anyone at all has any questions, worries, or just want to sound me out, please feel free to shout .

ANY character has something useful to contribute, I cant stress this enough, we have a castle to protect, 8 towns to take, 8 sigils poles to guard, and loads of opposing enemies. We also have an army to provide armor and weapons for , to feed, and protect.

ANYONE can sign up/Join, you dont need me there, simply go to the faction sign up stone outside Brit Castle (Near Saraki the Notary), Click the stone, have a read, and if you like....Join, a faction robe will appear in your backpack, Faction hued, and blessed for 3 weeks.....

Once youve joined, have a wander up into the castle, check out the location of the Sigil Poles, and click the Stronghold Info stone, which will show you the current status of each city, your rank and other bits n bobs.

If a City IS Green, its ready to Clean....;)

ATM its a little like training, with the main changes of Pub 54 not rolled out yet, its a case of meeting, greeting and getting to know and a bit of practise.

I have a ' Friendly Fox' in an opposing faction who is happy to be just that, a Fox, for us to hunt down, attack, and to basically train on.....be warned, he is a fox, and he can bite, hard...;)

Just as an aside, to earn yourself silver, and gain rank (A single action will see you rise to the average rank in the faction which is rank 5, Sentinel) True Brits can go and KILL Opposing Faction ALLIED MONSTERS. SILVER enables you to purchase Faction items from our Crafter, and a WAR horse once you move to level 2 or above.

In our case, 1:) DARK Wisps, primarily located SOUTH EAST of SHAME, (or a bit up n along from Lady Melis' hideout) These earn you 18 Silver EACH, and 2 for the Faction

And 2;) Ogre Lords in Despise. Earn 50% more than D.Wispies.....

Just remember, we are open to attack, and looting, so it pays to always look over your shoulder.

Good Luck, good hunting, and look after yourselves

TB forum now up n running:-

I have made a little forum for the True Brits, the TB Private forum is viewable by all, the PRIVATE forum is Viewable ONLY by Registered, permitted access ONLY, and only REGISTERED users are permitted to post.

Please give it a test run, try it out, and any feedback , ideas etc....let me know

http://pmcweb.co.uk/index.php

S

SilentFoxXy

Bump

Plenty of space, and room for hundreds more folks.

If youve never tried PvP, or Factions before, Dont be shy, Give TB a try

C

Cueball

I wish I still had my bonded TB warhorse:( But I unstabled it to stable a swamp dragon 2 years ago... Dunno what I was thinking, still have my minax warhorse though:)

C

Ciar2001

I came back to game yesterday originally played 97-01 so saw factions in their infancy and PvP was my main stay more guilds wars mind, I am starting with a new account as well, question is I used to play a 7 gm Mage back in the day last time I came to play, was when they brought in necro's and the likes, are mages still viable and what is the set up for them?

I would be tempted to give factions a whirl as well once I get used to all the new lands as it's changed so much :)

S

SilentFoxXy

I came back to game yesterday originally played 97-01 so saw factions in their infancy and PvP was my main stay more guilds wars mind, I am starting with a new account as well, question is I used to play a 7 gm Mage back in the day last time I came to play, was when they brought in necro's and the likes, are mages still viable and what is the set up for them?

I would be tempted to give factions a whirl as well once I get used to all the new lands as it's changed so much :)
From what I know of the PvP scene (And, tbh, thats not an aweful lot) I think mages are very useful, with the poisoning and the teleport, and the invis and the *-Insert Spell name here-*

Im sure one or two of the PvP red based characters, Birdseye / Winker etc would be able to help a lot more, but, as Ive been saying any character can contribute hugely to the success of their chosen faction.

TB Needs YOU:)

S

SilentFoxXy

Really need new blood guys, please consider joining True Britannians.

Very close to the 'Need to be in' parts of the current event threads.

L

Lady_Mina

No, Minax needs you...

Ever since EA screwed them over and replaced their base from Papua to somewhere in the middle of no where in the mountains with a narrow path.

The base was FINE in papua...whom ever's idea it was to replace the minax base , should be shot !

+ the red warhorses are cooler :p

S

SilentFoxXy

How many members minus alts does TB have now?
Not many hun, thats the whole point, I am trying to get more 'Good' folk into TB....And am struggling.

Ive met a few nice folk, they joined, I meet them, they see me, they dont come back, guess its my perfume....

There are (IMHO) prob 15 active CoM, 8 active Minax, 4 Active SL and 2 or 3 ACTIVE TB, TB does have a LOAD of members who dont log on, dont come play, or sign up never to return, which hurts.

BTW- You may see Trev is back as leader, this was an error by Trev, and AFAIK will be rectified tomorrow....If anyone doesnt want the gallant lady SilBerWolF as leader...come vote, have your say etc.

I do stress, TB is exactly what it says it is TRUE, Honourable, Courageous, Helpful, Humble, Compassionate.....The other factions cater for other....views...

Maybe this is why we dont get many ACTIVE, 4 hr daily TB Factioneers....as most prefer to be EEeeevillll....;)

But, again I stress , the upcoming events will be heavily weighted towards factions, and faction warfare.....

Lord Kushmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would like to just stress... do not get put off by factions if you are killed at yew Moongate by another factioner in Com or minax or the likes... and you end up instatloss!! wait until we get a decent fight befor you quit factions then your opinions will change...

one the note of Melay Dexers - Melay dexers are great. especially if you have the Right weps not the "Best ones" but the right ones. you will have to decide that yourselves. but a hatchet and Excecutioners axe are the right place to start looking! + some bolas to help your team mates out! i hope to see you guys on the field :) im in the Council btw. Gm of ED

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been stealing a few sigils but so far they've all been taken back, I was considering putting my tinker into the True Britannians as well to make some traps...?

S

SilentFoxXy

I've been stealing a few sigils but so far they've all been taken back, I was considering putting my tinker into the True Britannians as well to make some traps...?
Hi Kas,

I have 2 Elder crafters in the faction, and a bag of @ 30 traps made, unfortunately until we can take and hold a town, we cant place traps...They can only be placed in towns we control.

The same thing applies to Crafting, you can only craft faction items in a town your faction controls.

So, the MAIN point is to take and hold a town.

maybe you can get in touch with me, and we can arrange a plan of action, Ive seen the sigils in the castle, and have asked a few times who has been stealing....

I stole 5 yesterday, but obv cant be online 24/7 and they wait till Im off line, or when they think noone is about, and come at 'steal' them back.....

Hence the call to arms, we need more folk , and a pretty constant presence to ensure we manage to take and hold at least our own town.

CatT

S

SilentFoxXy

Glad to report I have met several new members, and we have had 5 new members register on the forum.

Please register there if you havent already, and once Ive okayed you you will have access to the Private/Hidden forum.

I have posted a new message:-
http://pmcweb.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9

Which you will only see once registered.

Great news, so pleased to meet new folks, and have some fun, lets teach those Commies and Minaxians not to step forth onto our castle bridge in a hurry anymore.....

S

SilentFoxXy

With TB finally managing to acquire and hold a few towns, and with crafting or faction items now fixed, and working exquisitely Im VERY VERY happy to report that yesterday saw the start of some real good action.

I managed to get 2 other TB along and into a great deal of fun battle with a couple of like-minded Commies.

We battled around Trinsic for a few hours, and had a real ball, it was great.

Basically, we need more folk , to make it more fun,

So, Come one, come all it is GREAT fun,

PVP DOESNT MEAN CHEATING AND 1 HIT INSTA DEATH

It means Consensual PvP, Fun, Mirth, and meeting new folks

So.....

What ya waitin for....

Good ??- Join with TB

Evil ?? - Join SL

Weird ?? - Join Minaxians

Strangely Confused??- Join CoMmies

Any TB wanting Faction blessed, Faction hued, faction Enchanted gear, get in touch with me, we have a decent bank of silver, available for all involved members...

Finally, Thx To Mad Hamish and Lestat, who both ensured we had a great deal of fun yesterday....

C

Cueball

Are there any faction guilds that are active and recruiting? I'd love to join on my mage.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, should any TB be in need of supplies or help, feel free to contact me!

I am the living example of that you don't need to be very good at PvP to have fun. Though I used to be very active in c/o (back in the days with 616, DJz, X lord X, LiGhT, Hatchet Harry and the bunch) I hadn't PvPed in years until Silber and Trev dragged me into factions. It's all good fun and you don't need a 200m suit, a 5 ping connection and no RL to participate :).

S

SilentFoxXy

Are there any faction guilds that are active and recruiting? I'd love to join on my mage.
I am today forming the Coalition of True Britannians,

The aim of this guild is to encourage more folk into factions,

To support new players,

To provide a simple method of contact within the faction sphere.

To meet, and make, new friends

To provide support and help to every person who needs it

I would hope also that this would enable us to a) Organise Guild/Faction events, hunts,etc. b) Have some sort of order within the faction-(As in- Damn shame there is no form of Faction Chat etc)

I apreciate many of you are already with a guild environment, please dont let this stop you joining TB, or CoTB, as I / we welcome ALL alliances.

True Brits, True Blue, and Truely Honorable.

G

Gandie

While its a great idea, and you are doing a very good job trying to get factions active, i don't think you will succed before rewards are added.

Many of the old factioneers have tryed the same many times after AoS, but only had succes for a few weeks after pub25.

But i hope one day factions will be active again, and me and my freinds can dust of the C*C stone!

/Gandie [W]

S

SilentFoxXy

With new blood, and new folk to PvP now seeping into TB and CoM, I can honestly say the 3 different 'Battles' I took part in over the weekend were a total blast. 3 or 4 from both factions, learning together, and having fun, no animosity, a few PKs, and few hero stand offs, and a great time.

I was greatly encouraged by this, and would hope to see a few more folk wanting to join in with this 'New??' form or the game.

You dont need to be uber, you dont need to be God, or good even, to contribute and have a laugh and fun.

I think, IMHO, keeping it light and fun will encourage more 'Trammies' or Non PvP savvy folks to take a peep.

Add to this the dangled promise of factions/ Sides/ Choices playing a HUGE part in the upcoming ShadowLord FACTION Invasion, the boost of SL powers, the probable need for factions to really work hard to evict these heathen monstrosities, with HUGE rewards promised for those taking part, I look forward to a whole lot of new folks testing the water...

Go On give it a try, you might enjoy it....

CatT