• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Psst...You there...

Psst...You there...
Yes you...
Come over here for a moment good citizen...
Yes thats better...come closer...I won't hurt you...
I've some information you might find very interesting...

What's that you say? Get on with it?
Aye Sire...
It's just that there are whispers of unrest amongst our neighbors...
It's something you should really listen for...
I've heard the villagers are angry...

Pardon? Of course that is not all...
Word around the streets is there's going to be a meeting of sorts...
Rabblerousers, theives, thugs....unruly sorts...

Still only intrigued?
Well there is one more thing I've not told you...
Seems like there's some backdoor whispers about our high and mighty King who's not been seen for months...
Folks are saying the Gov'nors are lining their pockets with our taxes while he's missing in action...
Citizens are of a mind to do something about their wickedness...

Ohh...you look much more excited now...Wonderful...
Oh what's this then? Ah, a shiny new coin...
My thanks Citizen...
I hope to see you around...I'll be back with more as I hear it...

Well then I must be off...G'Day

25-512.png

Pagan wrapped his cloak a bit tighter as he briskly walked down the mostly deserted streets of Ocllo. A few sullen shopkeepers raised their heads as he passed. Most just ignored his quick steps past their establishments. Hope for better times had long left the city. Once bustling and busy, Ocllo had been decimated by the discovery of other lands. The ruffians and traders had followed the populations fleeing Felucca leaving those still vested in the city alone to quietly languish.

Only one part of the city continued to enjoy visitors of any sort. Pagan could feel the wind & salt sting his face as he finally approached his destination. The Albatross looking weathered and deserted on the outside had a warm glow coming from the windows and the sounds of rowdy celebration echoed in the night.

Pagan opened the doors and stepped into a lively tavern with a warm fire, plenty of men and women consorting and pretty lassies serving the finest smuggled ale and spirits to eager sailors just returned from sea. Word had it almost anything could be obtained if you had the gold and someone to vouch for you. Slim the Fence tipped his hat and stared intently at the newcomer from his favorite worn stool at the bar.

Pagan ignored Slim and looked around the room. Spotting the reasons for his visit, he made his way over to a group of motley looking men and women who greeted him with serious faces and a freshly poured ale.

The group spent the next hour trading stories and pondering courses of action. Most of the stories were similar in nature. Some of the Governors were taking advantage of the absence of King Blackthorn, who had not been seen in many months. Rule of Law was being ignored for profits and special "taxes" were being demanded from the honest citizens of some of these cities while no obvious benefits were being noticed by said citizens.

Rumors were spreading as to the reasons the King had not been seen in so long and not many were good. Had he just simply abandoned his Kingdom? There had been no demands for ransom so kidnapping was unlikely. Most folk didn't have much of an idea about the King's motivations as his Governors were the source of his laws and they usually were not including the average citizen in their fancy decrees. They assumed that the King didn't much care about them.

Most folk go about their business in complacency until times like this. Anger and dissatisfaction was growing in the cities affected and time was ripe to organize and direct the angry masses. It was decided by the group to recruit those that were angry and displaced by the greedy Governors at a protest meeting in the coming days.

In an acknowledged homage to the Once & Future King, it was decided that the meeting should be held at Castle British by True Patriots of Britannia. Those who remember the greatness of the land under a different ruler. Those who longed for a return of those gloried days. Those who remember when a man or a woman could become a legend with integrity or a feared murder reflected by their actions and reputations. Those who remember the thrill and excitement of being a loyalist defender or of being a highwayman locked in glorious battle together.

Ah the stories that were written and told now long forgotten...Now it is time to reclaim that heritage!

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I saw a gate open in Luna just inside the walls of Luna, curious I went through it. Immediately chaos broke out but I lived through it ... phew... the guards were quick to dispense the rebels
Most of the rebels made it to fel alive thanks to a smart bloke opening a gate for them to flee
I am hearing this is just the beginning of the revolt against the current crown
As a Jhelom citizen I can agree with the angry villagers. Our taxes are not benefitting the citizens
There is no king, The towns are not getting any attention. Villagers are revolting... Its not safe to travel the roads
Rebellion5.jpg rebellion4.jpg rebellion6.jpg

Last edited:
25-512.png
Pagan leaned against the cold outer bailey wall of Lord British's castle and closed his eyes. Memories and sounds of the Rebel recruitment meeting flooded back to him in waves. The meeting had started out well enough with almost a carnival like atmosphere. The crowd though sparse at first began to gradually fill the courtyard closer to the designated time. Tables and benches had been set up to serve food and ale. Members of the True Britannians mingled with the men, women and children who had arrived passing out leaflets and listening to the people's stories of neglect and sorrow. Some were curious, some genuinely angry and some were just hungry.

RBMeet0.jpg
He had stood on the steps rallying the crowds and keeping the flow of the meeting going by introducing the guest speakers each in turn. The Wizard Khal'zul Veldrin came first, the Soldier Crystal Elf next, the Mercenary Rabid Girlscout followed and finally the Merchant Nails Warstein. Each gave fiery speeches which drew in the crowd and whipped everyone into a self righteous frenzy.

RBMeet1.jpg

Other True Britannians yelled encouragement from within the crowd occasionally while they distributed the food and ale. These brave citizens, rich and poor alike had stepped up from obscurity to risk everything to express the frustration and anger felt in the land but also offer hope to those with courage and conviction a path to stop the corruption taking place in the Kingdom.

RBMeet2.jpg

Pagan had returned to the step podium one final time to offer those in need aid and those who wished to join direction. As he was about to thank the citizens for coming, a great cry was heard from the back of the crowd near the entrance gates. It happened so fast there was hardly time to understand what was happening. A large contingent of black dressed soldiers with guard dogs began to attack the crowd from the rear. Screams and cries echoed through the courtyard as people scrambled everywhere to avoid the deadly attackers.

RBMeet3.jpg

The citizens who could fought valiantly while women & children were sheltered in the stables and deeper into the castle. The battle lasted a long time with many wounded and some killed. Pagan sustained a deep wound from one of the intruders before it was cut down on the top of the steps. Pagan held his post on the steps warning and rallying the citizens and warriors until finally the last black guard lay in a shattered heap near the ale tables.

RBMeet4.jpg
Pagan examined everything from a distant perspective in his mind, wondering if he had underestimated the noble factions and this absent King. It was clear to him that they would need a great deal more resources and supplies in order to defend against this type of enemy. Had the King really sent the assassins or was there someone else with the motive to cut down citizens, rebel or not.

Pagan slipped his hood back over his face and walked over the castle drawbridge. It was time to go see the man who knew a thing or two about making gold and financing wars. Pagan carefully made his way out of the streets of Britain to his waiting ship. It was time to return to Ocllo & The Albatross to call upon Slim the Fence.

Last edited: