• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Prudentis. (Mage/Tamer)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this looks familiar as Mage/Tamer template?

My Tamer on Napa.

Aiming for all 120 when i can afford it.

This is Jessica on Drachenfels.

She is a bard/tamer. Getting all taming skills to 120 and dropping magery to 80. With alchemist bauble its still 90.

Just to give you a idea.

P

Prudentis

Regarding Lisa:
1. dex 45 and str only 85?
2. 120 in all taming skills ... is it necessary? What are the benefits and would't 120 in the magary skills be better?

Regarding Jessica:
Alchemy bouble?
Why Focus at 80? I have built up focus to some 70+ and am thinking of dropping it... is it really worth keeping?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Cause with 45 dex she will not get 0 Stamina when she get hit by a monster and have no chance of running away. Eventualy i will buy her a Stats powerscroll and move her Str to 100 and her Dex to 50.

2)Because the higher your total Taming skills (Lore,Vet and Taming) The more stable slots you will get to keep pets.

Stable Slots

Unlike Lisa ,Jessica magery is weak with no Eval Int. Jessica magery is only made to move her and her pets around and for a little healing and Invising herself. Her magery is purely made for defensive purpose.And with that there is no need for high magery skills. Also her peace is another defensive skill.

The Alchemist Bauble is a bracelet with + 10 magery (so Jessica will still have 90 magery when she wears it) And also have 20 % LRC.

And why Focus? Because Jessica not use alot of magery she don't need to regain mana fast. But with focus she will regain mana faster then without with just running around.

I see Lisa as a offensive type of tamer who can help her pet with spells if needed while Jessica is more defensive. I need to play them both a little different but that keeps it interesting. But both have one thing in common and that is that mostly there pets are there armor and weapons. When they get targeted they run and hide in the first place.

I said it before , we can say and suggest many skill combination (that what makes UO great) but people need to decide personaly what think that works best for themself. We can show you alot but it might not just work out for you. But with telling and explaining you can get your own idea's.

Over the years i read alot and "stole" bits and pieces from alot of different people idea's and suggestion and made them my own.
With all characters you make you have to learn there strenghts and even more there weakness.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

1) Cause with 45 dex she will not get 0 Stamina when she get hit by a monster and have no chance of running away. Eventualy i will buy her a Stats powerscroll and move her Str to 100 and her Dex to 50.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damnit. Didn't know/remember this. But 85 str=hp seems a little too little

<blockquote><hr>

2)Because the higher your total Taming skills (Lore,Vet and Taming) The more stable slots you will get to keep pets.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if that's the only thing, I think I could stick to 110s.
3x110 (elder?) would be 11 slots? I think I can live with "only" 11 pets in the stables.

<blockquote><hr>

Unlike Lisa ,Jessica magery is weak with no Eval Int.

... And also have 20 % LRC.

[/ QUOTE ] I See
But what is LRC - lower reagent cost?
100% would be no reagents used? Great for training, right?

<blockquote><hr>

And why Focus? Because Jessica not use alot of magery she don't need to regain mana fast. But with focus she will regain mana faster then without with just running around.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I have seen the benefit of focus yesterday, when I now think about it.
I stared with 0 focus and GM medi and yesterday in Destard I had 100+medi and 70+ focus. And I THINK my mana was regenerating much faster than without focus. HP regen was still VERY slow. But who needs hp regen as a mage?

<blockquote><hr>

I said it before , we can say and suggest many skill combination (that what makes UO great) but people need to decide personaly what think that works best for themself. We can show you alot but it might not just work out for you. But with telling and explaining you can get your own idea's.

Over the years i read alot and "stole" bits and pieces from alot of different people idea's and suggestion and made them my own.
With all characters you make you have to learn there strenghts and even more there weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I see that of course. That is why I keep asking. Not to copy peoples' templates but to know why they took them in the first place. I know for example, that Avalac'h is more a mage/tamer than a tamer/mage. I would probably still ignore vet, if it were not for those stable slots and the res. He still hast 0 in VET and I will try to manage without until I see, that VET is absolutely necessary.

Avalac'h was first a pure mage until I learned the beauty of taming. At first it was only for the fun of it until I learnt how nice my mage fared, when paired with a tanking and damaging pet.
He still should be able to handle things solo, of course not like a pure mage, that would be impossible, but as closely as possible.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strenght is not the same as hitpoints!
Hit points is Strenght : 2 + 50.
So for Lisa its : 85:2 = 42.5 + 50 = 92.5 (She got 92 healthpoints)

Yes 11 slots.

Yup LRC is Lower Reg Cost. 100% is no regs used and is indeed perfect for training. That also counts for Paladins Tithing points. It don't count for regs making potions.

Several of my mages even got both Focus and Meditation to get mana fast.

Keep asking questions, thats why we are here for.

P

Prudentis

Yes, I have a question again,

how do I bless items, so they don't drop on death?
Is it possible to bless a pouch, so the regs inside don't drop on death?
It's a pain for a mage to do corpse runs without regs.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only bless clothing ( cloth items, hats and footwear) with clothing bless deeds from Tailor Bods.

Older players can have 1 personal bless deed for any item.

You can insure items for 600 gold a piece. You need to shift rightclick on the ingame character or the little face with healthbar to bring up the insurance option. Then you can target each item you want in your backpack. Also make sure Auto reinsure is toggled on.

You can insure everything except containers (pouches, bags) and stackable items (regs,bandages,gold). Thats why 100% LRC armor is handy to have . With insured armor that stays with you on dead there is no need to worry of loosing regs.

Do know every item that is reinsured cost 600 gold again and is taken directly from out of the bank!

http://guide.uo.com/combat_1.html

C

Cat Crimson

A good insurable idea in lieu of regs and instead of having expensive top resist LRC stuff on you all the time, is to carry one or two arcane items - these are tailor craftable, the amount of charges depends on the level of tailor. Lowest is 14 I think, highest is ? 24 ? at legendary. They come as either : robe, thigh boots, cloak or gloves ( which have to be exceptionally crafted ), and the charges are made by using an arcane gem ( found on Controllers , various places in Ilshenar ).

The advantage of this is, each charge means you can cast one spell without using reagants, and the items are rechargable, and it cuts down on time and money if you die. I usually carry at least a robe on any mage character so if I die I have the means to cast spells immediately ( mana permitting ) instead of having to fumble on loads of LRC gear or recall back to the bank for a grab bag of regs ( saves room in your bank too ! )

P

Prudentis

Yes, I have a runebook with 20 charges ... how do I recharge it when the charges are used?
And: You carry a robe and it permits you to cast spells???
I think I don't really understand, what you are saying

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just fill runebooks with dropping recall scrolls on it.

Arcane Clothing
Skilled tailors have the ability to use Arcane Gems on some pieces of clothing and thus create Arcane Clothing.
To use the arcane gems, double-click a gem and then target the piece of clothing you wish to make arcane. You must already have an exceptionally crafted piece of clothing, and it must be one of the following: Robe, cloak, leather gloves, or thigh boots.

Arcane clothing items receive a maker's mark automatically, even if the tailor who crafted them is not a GM tailor... it's not optional.

The arcane clothing lets you use charges of it in place of reagents. When you cast a spell without sufficient reagents, the clothing will lose one charge per spell. Charges will only be drawn from the clothing if the wearer does not have sufficient reagents for a spell in his backpack.

When the charges are gone, the arcane item loses the special appearance it was given when it was made arcane, although the label remains (complete with maker's mark)... It can be recharged by targeting it with another arcane gem, but you won't necessarily recharge it fully with one gem even though only one gem is required to enhance a piece of clothing.

Arcane clothing is charged with 24 charges for a Legendary Tailor(120). For each 5 points lower, one charge is deducted. So from 115.0 to 119.9 skill, only 23 charges will be applied and so on. By combining a robe, cape, thigh boots and leather gloves you can be equipped with 96 charges maximum. You do not have to be a tailor to recharge an Arcane clothing item that has run out of charges. However, the higher your tailoring skill, the more charges will be added (with a maximum of 24).

Arcane clothing can be dyed like regular clothes , but it cannot be blessed. Also, do not change blessed clothing into Arcane clothing since the blessed status will *not* be retained.

C

Cat Crimson

You need to wear the item to use the charges. Its best not to actually wear the robe/boots or whatever whilst casting normally as the charges will use up before your regs. It's good to have in your pack as a backup if you run out of regs or you die. I say robe or boots as often the gloves/cloak slots are taken up by something else these days.

Its honestly easier to use than explain

P

Prudentis

Some more things

I've been killing those lesser and greater hiryus with an occasional Oni and a elite ninja in between for two days now and not one item dropped, that I would say was decent

Where should I go to get better drops or should I just stick to the hiryus, cause they are really a walk in the park.

Yesterday, while I was killing the lesser hiryus, a dark greater hiryu spawned. Don't know what color it is exactly but thing it's bronze, golden or agapite.

After dying once, I managed to lead tame it. Only thing is, the stats on it are a bit weak

The resists are mediocre and the HP dropped to under 500. Is it normal, 'cause startics says they should have over 1000 HP untamed.
EDIT: OK I know now, that they lose half their original HP, thanks for the answer Frarc.

And with the runebook, I jnow that I can drop runes on it. It's a blessed runebook with 0/20 charges so I want to charge it. How do I do that?

One more thing. Why does everyone want to have an LRC armor? I always played with regs and I don't see the problem. Other then dying and having to recall to fetch some (that's where the runebook would come in handy) I don't see the big thing about LRC armor. I mean, if not having LRC opens up slots for having SDI or resists, then I would definitely choose the letter over LRC.
For training purposes, and releasing some bagspace, OK. But am I missing something else?

Ahh and something else, I used a deed for a suger-house on my floor to try it out and it just popped there without me having an option to move it. How can I change it's location or remove it?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop recall scrolls in the runebook to charge 1 recall scroll is 1 charge.

Colored Hiryu's spawn more rare then other ones.
Oni's and Hiryu's are not bad to get some nice things. And they good with gold too.When your pets are bonded you can go kill better things.

LRC is for me is just to be able to carry more other things and have more room to loot gold.
Also when i die with my insured armor, when i reequip i can go back to action right away andn ot have to go back first to get my regs back.
Thats why i want the Zoo Armor, When its complete set i will give Jessica:

A full suit will give you

Mana Increase 15
Stamina Regeneration 15
Reflect Physical Damage 50%
Lower Reagent Cost 75%
Physical Resist 50%
Fire Resist 50%
Cold Resist 50%
Poison Resist 50%
Energy Resist 50%

I can still add some nice jewelry to get 100 LRC and a nice head piece to get even more resists.

Something a tamer also likes is a very high luck armor suit. Higher luck means better drops in loot.

Ofcourse armor with combination of high resists,luck ,LRC would even be better.

To redeed something in your house use a axe on it.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

Drop recall scrolls in the runebook to charge 1 recall scroll is 1 charge.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, recall scrolls not runes, I read it wrong last time

<blockquote><hr>

Colored Hiryu's spawn more rare then other ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, about 0.9%, that's why I'm keeping the colored one

<blockquote><hr>

Thats why i want the Zoo Armor, When its complete set i will give Jessica:

A full suit will give you

Mana Increase 15
Stamina Regeneration 15
Reflect Physical Damage 50%
Lower Reagent Cost 75%
Physical Resist 50%
Fire Resist 50%
Cold Resist 50%
Poison Resist 50%
Energy Resist 50%
I think it was even 60% in all resists?

[/ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which, how can one acquire the virtue armor set? Other then buying, that is, I've seen it on sale but I want to earn it, if I can

<blockquote><hr>

To redeed something in your house use a axe on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Argh! Will it destroy the item?

Thinking about it now and comparing some things I think I found a super slayer yesterday. "... of demon slaying".
And some armor with resists total over 40. That would be OK?
I also found some colored weapons. Is there still a market for them?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kill monsters to get the Virtue armor in the Legacy dungeons (Wrong,Destard,Despise,Hytloth ,Deceit,Destard,Shame)
You get points for killing monsters (you don't see it) When you get a artifact the points are reset to 0) Just kill alot of monsters.

Virtue Armor.

Virtue Armor Set

Frarc never leaves home without it!

For one of the Virtue Armor piece (cloak) you need to do a quest.

Items that are in deed form can only be redeed when using a axe on it, it will put them back in a deed in your backpack. Don't axe a chair, it will destroy that!

Aye demon slayer is superslayer.

40 resists total is not bad. You can enhance armor with leather or iron depending what type it is, but enhancing is always a risk to break stuff.

For colored weapons the one thing is sure that sells is the 100% poison damage ones. People wants them to train against golems.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea how long it would take average, it depends how much you kill and how fast and what monsters. Bigger monsters more points but they take longer to kill.

This is realy a armor for a archer or a melee fighter.Its plate armor and no mage armor so you can't medi in it.

You have the choice in UO to choose LRC or not, just like you choose for a high luck armor or one with better protection.
You are free whatever you feel fits best for you.

G

You and me...
I have only one character in 100% LRC suit - a mage in Doom Gauntlet. The rest use plain old regs (or chivalry).