• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provoking monsters to attack will get Animate dead red monsters to attack you which you can not targ

G

Killing shadows wyrms with my new necro/fencer and my friend was provoking
other monsters to hit the shadow and the reds that are spawned by the
shadows ALL attack him as soon as he starts the provoke.

It is rather annoying when you can not even defend yourself against them.
there is no way to target them.

Since when did this start?

G

I assume you are referring to revenants. They were added a couple years ago when necro spells were added to the SW's repertoire.

They can be dispelled using magery, or killed like any other monster, but they cannot be hidden from, and they are very persistent.

I'm not sure if they can be peaced, never tried.

G

<blockquote><hr>

”I assume you are referring to revenants.”

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am talking about the necro summoned monsters that are red. They are lichs, bone dragons, skeleton nights and golems.

They can not be dispelled, attacked or barded but they do attack you if you are a provoker.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, they are ANIMATED and IMMEDIATELY attack player characters (and typically go for the character if given a choice between a character and a pet).

Been that way for as long as Creatures could cast necro (a couple years), and have worked that way for players attacking monsters (going immediately for the nearest valid target) for FIVE YEARS.

G

no they changed that about 3 months ago.

Necro summoned monsters do nothing unless you are a provoker.

you can do anything you want to them if you are not a provoker because you can not do anything to them they will never bother you.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny - They attack the hell out me every time I've fought something with necro, the last 3 months...

Shadow Wyrms, Skeletal Dragons, Ancient liches, MELISANDE....

Yep, still getting attacked, and I don't even HAVE a bard.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you SURE the summons are attacking you? I say this because since I've been back in the loop playing again, necro animates are certainly acting weird.

Melisande is my example. It used to be she would animate the dead satyrs and the flesh golems would attack whatever was closest like normal. NOW, they just animate and walk to Melisande, never attacking anything, nor can anyone attack them. They cannot be attacked, peaced, provo'd, nothing.

They stand there like they are watching. You could be in a room filled with animates and never be in any danger. It's very very bizzare. Something definately has been broken.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'm assuming then that all necro animates are doing this per your explanation. Can't attack them, nor do they attack anyone. The provoke part is news to me though. I'll have to test that one out myself.

So your saying if you try to provoke other creatures onto something, that the animates (that are now non-attackable) will come after the voker? And that voker can do nothing about it? That is the suck.

What's going on here?

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrr, methinks they hates bards - too lively and musical!

G

weird thanks now we know not to use provo around them till its fixed.
im gonna test this out and if i find different results i will post them here in this thread

G

I noticed when a group of friends took me to a few mels for a few nights when nothing was going on that the animates in fel are attacking the players, but not the ones in tram.

It was wierd.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"I noticed when a group of friends took me to a few mels for a few nights when nothing was going on that the animates in fel are attacking the players, but not the ones in tram.

It was wierd. "

[/ QUOTE ]

That is interesting I have not seen any necro reds in a long time in fel.

In fel can you kill the necro reds?

G

"Perhaps reds are coming to Tram."

It's about time they open the game up to everyone.

G

The summoned reds not attacking happened around the time of Mag invasion (I think middle of 1st week). And Ya, it is a real pain not being able to put anything Pet, Ev's Earthies onto the red summoned, but ebolts do take big bite out of them when they do attack. Never could before figure out why nothing could be barded, EV'd or whatever upon them. I know they are undead souls, but still doesn't make any sense. Who knows.... Any Dev care to fill us in ?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i did the Grizzle-Notes yesterday and not a single red summon did ever bother my provo.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that at least gives us a timeline as to when this started happening. I was not playing at the time of the Mag invasion (stupid me...I always take UO breaks when the good [censored] happens...grrr).

Soooo....they broke something. I mean its no big deal but I just hate bugs. They bug me. If something animates something I killed then whatever is now alive again should try and bite me in the face so I can kill it again.

Just sayin.

G

I noticed this in Room 5 of Doom - Abyssmal's. The summoned Lich Lords just stand there and don't attack anymore. I noticed this directly after the drop rate change.

G

Garaba

My necro summon act like they should. However I can not strike them down myself like I used too. Monster Red just hover around the caster never attacking a player.

Looks like they tried to change it so players could not accidentally kill other players necro summons. with that change a necro summon would not attack a player. However if a voker can actually provoke the critter it might allow that creature to attack the voker. Since its the only viable target it come running. And of course players cant kill them now.