• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Provoking Minions of Scelestus ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have not had time to get this Quest done before now and have been trying to find a way to kill the Minions of Scelestus.

Tried with a Tamer first but the Greater Dragon was cut in pieces.

So I thought to use my Bard and provoke a Minion of Scelestus against another.

Well, even at 120 Music and 120 Provocation (real, not items....) AND using a Demon Slayer instrument I fail all the time.

No, I did not try using discordance first because I have 120 Spellweaving instead which I find handy for the Word of Death, Ethereal Journey besides other things.

Question is, is Discordance absolutely necessary with the Minions of Scelestus?

I was able to rarely provoke some against one another but then, the damn trapdoor spider would show up and force me to flee and the Minions would break combat because of lack of sight.

By the way, apparently with a Barding difficulty of 160 and at 120 Music/Provoke and using a Slayer instrument, the Provoke success rate is 20% (1 in 5). I read though, assuming that one can keep up with the mana, that some Bard mastery might increase this rate by 10% thus making the success rate 30% (little below 1 in 3). Which Bard Mastery would it be ?

Even though I was in the area quite some time attempting to kill some, noone else showed up and asking in Chat returned no interest from fellow player to join killing them.

Anyway, how is people killing these critters solo to get the Quest done ? There got to be a way since a party seems hardly possible to be organized depending on one's own playing schedule....

Thanks.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes my Paladin-Archer about 20 minutes to solo one of the minions; that time is cut in half with a group or another player. My Sampire was useless & my tamer took forever! I carry at least 2500 bolts, 400 bandages, 20 enchanted apples, repair deeds, dragon barding armor, 20 orange petals (because being poisoned is annoying), and food (I am superstitious about remaining just under full with my characters *shrugs*).

Are you Siege Player, popps? I will be hunting on Sunday if you want to "pop" on Baja. *winks*

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes my Paladin-Archer about 20 minutes to solo one of the minions; that time is cut in half with a group or another player. My Sampire was useless & my tamer took forever! I carry at least 2500 bolts, 400 bandages, 20 enchanted apples, repair deeds, dragon barding armor, 20 orange petals (because being poisoned is annoying), and food (I am superstitious about remaining just under full with my characters *shrugs*).

Are you Siege Player, popps? I will be hunting on Sunday if you want to "pop" on Baja. *winks*

Thanks for the kind offer but I do not play Siege or Baja. But thanks.

I wonder if there is a better template to kill these things solo.........

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
provo the trapdoor spiders onto the minions.
that takes care of them.

and if your 120/120 then your like 100% to do that.

but honestly, provoing just two at a time is slooooooooooooooow going.

they dont do much damage to each other.
ya have to get a big party going.
3 vs 1 or what have ya.

what i found to be the fastest was to disco them, provo them onto each other, then come over on my other computer with my archer and drill them with the archer.

drops them like 5 times faster.