• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Provo spellweaver?

L

lancelot99

At moment i have a Necro/mage/spellweaver but not much good in pvm so fancied changing him around a bit..

Magery 100
Med 120
Music 120
disc 120
prov 120
spellweaving 120

use spellweaving heal to heal and boost vollems (i intend to get some) or allured creature once enemies are provod and discorded, and use the disco mastery for extra damage..

Questions ..
1, Will arcane empowerment affect the bard mastery spells? (i know sdi does)
2, am i better using the provo masteries to enhance my pets? or will the spellweaving heal spell be enough?
3, I have read somewhere that the more points in bard skills you have, the more powersull the spells are? (eg, 360 points in bard skills)
4. would this be an effective pvm template?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SDI doesnt affect mastery abilities. (I cant remember if I coded arcane empowerment into the healing pulses but I doubt it)
The more points you have in bard skills, the more powerful the abilities. But this only counts for GM and above on secondary skills.
So if you are provo mastery and also have 90 discord, you wont get a bonus until you hit 100 discord. Additionally each additional bard skill GM or over will also lower the upkeep cost of your abilities.

Now if I remember the numbers right your output numbers should be something like this
Inspire
HCI - 19% (+3%)
Damage Increase - 52% +(+12%)
Damage Modifier(Bonus) - 13% (+3%)

Invigorate
STR/DEx/Int + 11 (+3)
Healing 8-23 (+2-3)
HP Increase +23

Despair(Pres Resist Factoring)
STR - 19
But base damage should be 48(Vs Players) (+12) (96/24 for Monsters)

Tribulation(Pre Resist Factoring)
HCI -26%(+4%)
SDI -26%(+4%)
Trigger Amount 41% (+9%)
Trigger Chance 72% (+12%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usually its better to run provo masteries since you are relying on your minions to do your damage and provo will both heal and give them higher damage output.
However, your burst damage dumping full mana will be -much- higher using discord mastery. (So if its stuff you are killing quick use Disco, if its stuff that'll take a while use Provo)

L

lancelot99

Thanks, but im sure i read one of POO's posts saying sdi did affect bard spell damage (maybe i read it wrong), so maybe better substituting spellweaving for another skill if arcane empowerment has no effect ...

- Would Arcane empowerment have any effect on the bard songs? (damage/power) , would a spellweaving bard be effective? prov, disc, invigorate summon/vollems then the spellweaving gift of renewal on pet/summon... = dead spawn?

Last edited by a moderator:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure that SDI does nothing for bard mastery songs at all.

What spellweaving offers you is a way to get decent meat shields. Previously you can get ogre lords and other decent monsters that you can boost with provo songs. Now, apparently you can use spellweaving to get yourself a 2k or so troll meat shield from wrong so it is nothing to sneeze at. Also with all the changes to looting rights, you can become a healing machine with provo song and mage spell healing boosted by 6 focus arcane empowerment.