• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

provo gains - what am I doing wrong?

E

elenka

Hi guys,

I finally trained my disco to 120 and thought that now I can do anything!

So I decided to train provo before training music to 120...

Right now I have
music - 100
provo - 94.7
using normal NPC-bought instruments
my char has total of 197 skill points (music, provo and couple of points of accidental skill gains like anatomy and wrestling).
training on hirya and cu, both were previously tamed so barding difficulties are about 91 hirya and 99 cu. If my calculations are correct, resulting barding difficulty for provo is 90 ( (91+99)/2 -5 for provo). So my provo chance is 59.4% which is in gaining range. I gained 0.4 in last hour then stopped to gain at all, then gained another 0.1 in 30 minutes... I even got myself killed as some people suggest in case of wall, but it didn't help.
I tried to switch to 2 hiryas so I had higher provo chance, didn't help either...

What am I doing wrong? It shouldn't be that slow! Disco was much faster on that level.

Thanks!

Elly

5% Luck

Its been my experience that once your in the skill range your in that the char "could" be considered complete. Try getting some nice slayers and max out the provo with jewelry and hunt the big nasty that your plaining on doing in the end anyhow you'll get the provo off and get the gains while doing what was intended all the way to 120!

A few nice spots if you got the kahonies.

Rock dungeon ishtnar:
All the way at the end of the maze is a double paragon Lich Lord spawn that are in a tiny room with gates for doors. You can bard through these doors!

Sorcerers dungeon ishtnar:
on the very bottom floor at the farthest point from the stairs the is an unbelievable double balron spawn. Now when you get the paragon bally in this room its tough to get the discord off and invisi before getting smashed but its possible to own this room with your current skills(soulstoning the rest back on that is)

Destard Felucia:
On the second floor is a very nice double shadow wyrm spawn. Now these are an easier spawn than the trammel version as there are no drakes or wyvren in the fel one and the barding difficulty is magnified by the fact that these bad boys tend to animate their fellows corps`s producing a skeletal dragon as a partner!

Did some one say crystal hydras?

There are a host of other places that have very difficult spawns as these but they are the main reason for being a bard! To solo where no guild was willing to go!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the weak of heart there is allways just get 2 cus and prink away.
takes a long time, but you dont have to worry about the baddies taking turns on your arse and passing you around to all thier friends!

C

Chicken Chaser

When I was training Provo from 90 - GM. I did it with Orge Lord's in Despise.
I started off with a Orge Slayer, then went to Exceptional, then a Normal(NPC instrument), and then finished off with an Undead Slayer. I was gaining but it was slow. Hope this helps.

G

So It does help to go down in instruments to get better gains I.E. once a creature is past your level use a slayer weapon that doesnt belong on that creature for better gains?! I was wondering about that!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you want to use the opposing instrument ogres are considered huminoid so there opposing slayer is undead here is a link
Pan LS shard Slayers