• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proud to be in Chicago right now!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am so glad they waited to win until after I left that God awful city...la
I saw on the news earlier that there are over $400,000 in damages caused by Cubs fans taking "souvenirs" by literally ripping pieces off the building and stealing things.

I just don't understand people. The team they like loses, and it causes a riot where people break things. If the team they like wins, things are still broken and destroyed for souvenirs.

:pie:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No no that's not what happened lol. It was very VERY rainy the days prior to the rally and Grant Park was literally a muddy soupy mess...even though they put pavers down to try to save the grass it was too wet and a lot of the grass was destroyed because 5 million people were walking on it :/ lol

The price of success isn’t limited to the time and money that’s invested into signing and developing players. When you reach the pinnacle, it also comes in the form of planning an epic celebration. And when you’re the Chicago Cubs, a team that hasn’t celebrated a World Series win in 108 years, it also comes in the form of damages caused by the sheer volume of people who wanted to share that moment with them.
As the Chicago Tribune reported this week, the damages to the grounds at Grant Park, which held the Cubs rally on Nov. 4, cost roughly $388,000. The Tribune also reported that the Cubs intend to pay for those damages, perhaps because they’d like to be invited back next November.

In the wake of the rally, the park had damaged or missing grass in Lower Hutchinson Field between Lake Shore Drive and Columbus, south of Balbo Drive.

The repairs will include grading, aeration and the addition of topsoil and sand along with repairs to fencing and the re-sodding of portions of Lower Hutchinson Field, Chicago Park District spokeswoman Jessica Maxey-Faulkner wrote in an email Wednesday.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Now if Chicago could actually figure out Pizza, not that deep dish mess they seem to like. Oh and hotdogs, wth is with the pickle wedges and tomato slices?