• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Protection Toggle

• Thread starter Locus_Ceruleus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Locus_Ceruleus

Why toggle off protection at death now? One more freakin' thing I have to do to get back into the game play. How was this a problem?

S

SUPRsalad

cus protection is for noobies. You should learn to play without.

P

Peppermace

The benefits of protection come at a high cost, so I don't care if someone relies on it or not. I haven't had it really affect my game play all that often, except in one circumstance.

When taking a Sacrifice or a Gift of Life rez, without protection running, you may as well kiss another round of insurance goodbye. You need that heal or invisi protection guaranteed you to fire off. To compensate for this single situation and insure Sacrifice is worth working for, I would like to see the benefits of the Compassion virtue applied to self-rezzes as well. This would not include rezzing off of a wandering healer or shrine, just for gift of life or Sacrifice rezzes. Comments or counter argument?

E

eolsunder

Well not only that, but sometimes the spell icon itself is bugged also. I was in a champ spawn and was trying to keep guild mates healed, but had protection on, so i went to cast it to turn it back off..

nothing. icon didn't work. I had to delete it, go back into the spellbook and re-drag it off, and use it again to get it to work.

but protection rocks in many areas. Sure, it makes you easier to kill, but the 100% chance to cast spells in many areas is well worth it.

I like to go into champ spawns and cast earthquakes.. hard to do with protection off when everything is casting little spells at me to disrupt, or hellhounds breathing fire, or rats shooting arrows, or well, you get the idea.

I like that i can actually cast a spell in those areas without seeing the "fizzle fizzle fizzle" annoying message.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cus protection is for noobies. You should learn to play without.
All spells are for noobies.

You should learn to play without any spells.

I don't play a mage so I can't support or oppose the change but damn, to respond this way is just flat-out weird.

-Galen's player