• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Protection spell

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sometimes like to cast the protection spell to help me out in combat.

I see that it takes -10 physical resistance, which I will try and compensate for when building my next suit of armour.

It also says that it decreases the casting speed.

I currently have FC 2 and FCR 6. How much should I add to compensate for the spell being cast?

Z

Zomeguy

Physical resistance is reduced by 15%.
You are taking a -2 FC hit and I do not think that it can be compensated if your FC cap is 2. So you have to live with FC 0.

L

Lord Stoli

Well I run Protection most all the time. My phys resist is dropped by 14. My casting is locked at 0 fc and cannot be compensated. I built my suit around the compensation for the phys resist drop. works great

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The potency of the following spells mainly depends on the caster's inscription skill:

Reactive Armor: Increases caster's Physical Resistance by ((Inscription / 20) + 15) points, decreases caster's Fire, Cold, Energy and Poison Resistance by 5 points each.
Lasts until cast again.
Protection: Allows you to cast spells without being interrupted. Lowers physical resistance and resist magic skill, increases spell casting delay. Excellent for mages that like to use Harm or Poison since those spells are more potent if you stand next to your victim. Also allows you to cast Greater Heals without the need to run away first.
Lasts until cast again.
Magic Reflect: Decreases caster's Physical Resistance by (25 - (Inscription / 20)) points, increases caster's Fire, Cold, Energy and Poison Resistance by 10 points each. Almost opposite of Reactive Armor spell.
Lasts until cast again.

all of these can effect protection