• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

prospecting tools broke?

G

im out trying to dig up a shadow elm and im using a prospecter tool and gargoyal pick. found a regular ore spot and used the prospecter tool and it says dull copper can be mined there then i used my gargoyal pick and dig up only regular ore! i went and found another spot and used the prospecter again and said i can get dull copper there so i tried a regular pick an got only regular ore. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Please help!

G

May just be a bad roll on the ore you're digging up... it's registering correctly, but the "roll" for each dig is coming up Iron.

Unless this remains a trend, I'd chalk it up to bad luck.

G

i have tried 5 spots now and everything is just regular ore. Not a single little peice of colored ore yet

G

hm weird i equiped the prospecting tool in my hand then put it back in my backpack and tried again now its working! i bumped a iron to a dull then with gargoyal pick im digging shadow like its supose too.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On Lake Austin we're having some issues with them of a quite different nature - some places aren't becoming "unprospected", even days later....

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

Must be a bad roll. Some sites are poor in color ore - I haven't had as bad a string of luck as you have tho. I dug up a shadow yesterday and one the day before. Does your miner have the skill to mine shadow ore?