• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proposal for Shard Fair (Napa Valley Faire Revisited)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A few years ago I hosted what was a sort-of tradition on Napa - a shard wide faire. I pulled off two such events... still have my notes on them.

I was wondering if I could have a meeting with the EMs to discuss our hosting another shard-wide faire... perhaps spark some interest or something from guilds... yadda yadda.

If this is something the EMs would like to participate/help with, please PM or ICQ me so we can get together and talk about it. I'd really like to do the Faire again, and help utilize the fairgrounds you guys worked on so hard to make pretty. :)

Ideas -
Invite guilds to sponsor smaller events on a calendar weekend (a long weekend preferred). Each guild would provide their own reward/prize for each event... or not even do that but do some sort of performance or something
---In the first NV Spring Faire a guild put on a "paperbag play" to entertain the crowd
---A single player decorated his house as a giant maze with prizes or peril in each turn!
---A group of players (non-guilded) pooled their ideas together and came up with different types of races, of which I hosted and oversaw with their help
---Events were planned over 2 days, with "kicker" events each day hosted by myself

Several things that were wanted at the time:
---gate house where players could randomly go to join in any given event
---central venue area for overall events (the fairground would be PERFECT!!)
---recognition of individuals/guilds that hosted events
---commemorative item (Willow made a specially named tailor for just this purpose)

anyway... would love to put together a "regular" faire that anyone can come to and participate in... something Napa specific.

Oh... I got more! Just PM or ICQ me and I'll respond when I can!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
How about hosting an event as part of the faire?

Is how it works anyway... guilds/individuals host events during the faire period (one weekend). Winners would [gold] prizes from the hosting guild/individual, as well as the following:

• Custom clothing made by WorkPlayNapa (dunno if Willow will still do this) or some other uniquely-named tailor (name change tokens are da bomb)
  • Custom forum siggy by yours truly (professional graphics) with event, title & Napa Valley Faire logo

I'd like to get the EMs involved in some way to really make this a shard event, not just a bunch of people hosting something... know what I mean?