• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proposal for committee approval Rare's Fest Great Lakes

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are our details, Is this acceptable? I have lots more information about how MOA works etc. Not sure what to include. Did not attempt to post as I believe this needs approval from committee first. More games etc may be snuck in as I can nail people down to a firm committment.
Thanks,
Melian

Rare’s fest Great Lakes Proposal:

Host: Majestic Oaks Auction House
Dates: November 7 to 13th 2011 (with pre event for the 5 & 6 travel days)
Vendor house: Majestic Oaks Auction Castle on Artic Isle (Owner is Pratt)
Majestic Oaks Pub on Artic Isle behind the castle (if needed, Owner is Melian)
Auction house: Majestic Oaks Auction at the Buc’s Den Portal, Vesper End
Auction Dates: Thursday November 10, Saturday November 12th and Sunday November 13th
Majestic Oaks Auction House staff: GM: Pratt, Managers: DJ Scorp, Emerald Ice, Melian,
Co-owners: Pratt, DJ, Emmy*, Melian*, Princess Melody*, Logan*, Ethereal, Illyana Strange*, Grigory (these are the only folks who have access to items submitted for sale)
Other members and support staff: Just a Girl, Lola, Elektra, FlapJack, Chelle (is training as auctioneer at this writing, not yet co-owner)
Guild Roster: the vast majority of other members in guild are alts to one or more of the active members, Nemo and a few others are legacy founders of the guild and rarely log in. * Indicate staff who worked the last GL rare’s fest at Majestic Oaks.
MOA staff will be in uniforms with guild tags on display, items can only be accepted AT THE AUCTION HOUSE and in the PIT

Itinerary:
November 5 & 6 (Saturday & Sunday) It is anticipated that off shard travelers will be using this weekend to pack and travel to Great Lakes, to set up vendors, get a lay of the land etc.
Saturday November 5th (Noon to 4 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
(6 pm. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
Sunday Nov. 6th (Noon CST to around 4 pm.) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House
(6 p.m. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House
Sunday Nov. 6th 8 pm. CST will be a brief mini event at the castle to welcome those to the shard who are there and distribute runebooks. There will be a teleporter link between the Castle and the Auction house for the convenience of sellers and shoppers.
Our EM’s have offered to establish a temporary gate for the course of the event; at this writing I am uncertain where best to locate this gate.
Also the Majestic Oaks Banner will transport between Luna Banner Park (out the south gate) and the auction house.
To set up vendors, accept submissions for auction, two times are slotted to allow for alternate time zones. I know a few folks at the last one were England etc. My icq and email address will be available to arrange appointments.
Vendors will all be rent free! Please pay attention to the setup, renewal 1 week rentals. We are at first going to limit to 1 vendor per seller and then work from there. No price limits for items as fees for sale come out of your pocket. Vendors may contact me via stratics forum, MOA's site, email or icq.

Monday, November 7th: “Night at the Museum” event Guided tour of Great Lakes Museums, sites, vendor houses
Tuesday, November 8th: EM event night (Tuesday is typically UO Fiction event night)

Wednesday, November 9th: (Great Lakes Role players)

Thursday, November 10th: Majestic Oaks Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time (Trivia & Mystery Chest)

Friday, November 11th: Fishing Council of Britannia Net Toss (working on setting up)

Saturday, November 12th: Rare’s Fest Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)

Sunday, November 13th: Rare’s Fest Auction, 1 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)

Monday, November 14th: Wrap up payouts from auction

Icq Melian @ 294-317-507

Majestic Oaks Auction could do 2012:

January 9th to the 15th with auctions on the 14th and 15th
Travel time would be probably Jan 6 & 7th
and MOA auction the 12th.
We'll be back from our annual close down from December 16th to January 4th.

OR
Monday April 9th Through Sunday April 15th.
Easter is April 8th... it would be Good Friday, Passover, Easter Weekend traveling time
Auctions Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th
With regular MOA on the 12th.
All other things would remain the same.
Now this is leaving a few if's in the mix, UO has to still be here, natural disasters etc its a long way out but Baja wants January so we're trying not to compete or step on toes.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice proposal...but I think having a fest less than 2 months after the Atlantic fest is about 4 months too soon.

Also, to avoid complications...it would be a good idea to limit access to items for sale. The more people with access, the bigger chance for potential issues to occur.

L

lupushor

Think this is not a proposal for another fest, but a competitor for the Atl Fest. Exactly as they were demanded few months ago. Committee should decide between the 2 proposals. I find this ok. This gives the committee the weight they deserve, not only running around solving problems, but also taking important decisions for the community.

:thumbup1:

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think this is not a proposal for another fest, but a competitor for the Atl Fest. Exactly as they were demanded few months ago. Committee should decide between the 2 proposals. I find this ok. This gives the committee the weight they deserve, not only running around solving problems, but also taking important decisions for the community.

:thumbup1:
No it isn't competition for the Atl festival. That would be madness. It would be nice if we didn't make a habit of accepting proposals and then when something else comes along saying,

"Oh look a new proposal is here, you guys just fight it out!"

It is on the other hand a proposal for the festival after the Atl fest. I have heard rumour of a possible Baja proposal, so that would be this festivals competition.

Other than that it looks great to me. Its not as if this is anything new for you folks, you've done it before, only this time it will be sans Xuri. That was one of the most incredible live rares auctions I've ever attended (2 story statue crazyness), rates right up there with Lykor's *cough* ring auction.

As for dates, I tend to agree that basing the festivals around a holiday is a good policy. Are your dates flexible?

L

lupushor

No it isn't competition for the Atl festival.
Then I have to agree with RC, it would be way too soon. I know the polemic will start all over again, but please people, let's not turn this into an Often Fest. Thank you.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if ever another raresfest would come to gl i would be glad to volunteer my services and luna home. :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Looking at this proposal, how many new things could come out between the Atlantic one and the Great Lakes one.

The Baja proposal was put off due to the Atlantic Festival because we thought it would be to soon. So we figured we would host one after Christmas in January because you know collectors will need to complete their 2011 EM Christmas item collection. I'll definitely have the Baja hosts post their bid for late January.

For Great Lakes I feel you guys would be cheating yourselves out of a wonderful experience by doing it right after another Rares Festival. You wont get the same impact as you would by spacing it out. (I am sure this wont be taken the right way since I'm helping with another proposal, but my concern is pure because were basing ours off of the Christmas items)

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats if we get Christmas items, we thought we would get 4th of July items but we didnt ;[

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dates are open, I can adjust those with a discussion with the guild. I had the same thought when I saw Atlantic's bid. Maybe we'll move it toward Spring if Baja is shooting for January. See if I can combine it with our Annual Easter event. I'll discuss the dates with the rest of the gang.

Owner/Co owners are the only members with access to anything stored at MOA and those are limited by a lengthy process of service and real life personal data, phone conversations etc. We try to be as sure as we can that those staff in the pit with access to anyone's property we've screeened thoroughly.

I am hoping to combine enough activities between guilds, EM's etc that folks can bring a char or create one and find something to entertain themselves, participate and enjoy the event. Hard for many merchants to engage in hunts (at least I know for some of us, I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper sack) But one can only spend so many hours shopping, right?

Thanks for all the support I'll be back with more details soon.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it isn't competition for the Atl festival. That would be madness. It would be nice if we didn't make a habit of accepting proposals and then when something else comes along saying,

"Oh look a new proposal is here, you guys just fight it out!"

It is on the other hand a proposal for the festival after the Atl fest. I have heard rumour of a possible Baja proposal, so that would be this festivals competition.
From my experience in running similar type events in real life- I think that a rares fest every 4 months is a good time period. Then what i would do is set a schedule, example, Atlantic's is at the end of September. That would make the next one in the middle/end of Jan. Make a general announcement that you are taking applications for the X rares fest (ie- Taking applications for the Jan 2012 Rares Festival). Say applications are due by October 31, host announced November 30th (dates just given as examples). Once a shard host a fest, it can't host another one for a calendar year.

L

lupushor

From my experience in running similar type events in real life- I think that a rares fest every 4 months is a good time period (that way you can have a fall, winter, spring, summer fest).
Oopsie.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reposted two possible other dates, out of respect for Baja I think April 9th through the 15th would be our best selection. This would begin the day after Easter. So Travel from other shards etc would be over a holiday weekend.

There are more details in the edit to the original post. I am somewhat concerned with spring break, but maybe that will actually be in our benefit perhaps our college population will be able to attend without as many conflicts.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was one of the most incredible live rares auctions I've ever attended (2 story statue crazyness), rates right up there with Lykor's *cough* ring auction.
Thanks for reminding me of that... I had almost blocked it out.

:gee:

As far as the Rares Council goes, do you, Athelas, wrangle all of us up to have meetings?

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it is needed, the function of the council is to regulate the festivals and so far no problems have arose and everyone has been very civil. It seems more ceremonial now, but that could always change. We will however have a vote coming up, but I don't foresee any difficulties. All members should expect a pm in the near future.