• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proof of cheating

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not a cheater and dont use cheating programs at all so i dont get it. what am i suppos to be seeing besides u dead.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i noticed that thought that was just the terrain although i did find it odd. so is that all it does?

N

noxyoursox

It also sorts your whites and colors.

And whipes my @$$ with it which feels quite nice btw. I guarantee you tmi and kms uses the same proggy...dont try to act innocent lol. Besides...cheating is cheating...and u run 2ce as fast as me. So whos the real cheater here?

R

Richard Pryor

I fail to see how sorting whites and colors is considered cheating, but ok...

T

Thumper from

That has to b from 120 lumberjackin, wondered how them boys could move in the trees the way they do, silly me i run into the trees how bout the tomb stones make them disappear to?

S

Scratch

its not a program, lol, too funny.

all you have to do is rename some artwork (the trees) and copy paste a stump or two and give them the original tree file name.

program, where do these people come from?

B

Budweiser

Im sure EA is pretty specific about a copyright issue.. Reprograming their program to remove pixels and make it faster for your video card to work is prolly not what EA approves of... just my opinion..

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys like that one you should see the new one that lets me run through the stumps completely and run across water.......

D

Durson2

its not a program, lol, too funny.

all you have to do is rename some artwork (the trees) and copy paste a stump or two and give them the original tree file name.

program, where do these people come from?
There is a program which does this. It swaps out the files and has to be run before UO is started. Why? Because of lumberjacks on the same account. It's much easier to just edit the file yourself if you plan on never having to use those trees for resources.

S

Scratch

There is a program which does this. It swaps out the files and has to be run before UO is started. Why? Because of lumberjacks on the same account. It's much easier to just edit the file yourself if you plan on never having to use those trees for resources.
yeah i know there is a program that will do it for you if you cant do it yourself.

lol at budweiser:
Im sure EA is pretty specific about a copyright issue.. Reprograming their program to remove pixels and make it faster for your video card to work is prolly not what EA approves of... just my opinion..
this has never stopped you from using it. most all pvpers use it. and im not sure if renaming art files is considered reprogramming. im not telling the program to use a different picture, im just substituting my picture for theirs. hell i bet i could make trees look like matchbox cars.

kinda like when i enter the dungeons, my uo music plays Metallica's " Seek and Destroy" instead of the usual uo tunes. I also have tunes for tabbing in, bank sitting, other dungeons, etc.

roflcopters
If you guys like that one you should see the new one that lets me run through the stumps completely and run across water.......
i cant believe you blabbed this out. now on the busy shards im a have to use a boat again.

V

Vision

Eventually every game gets to a point where the company just stops caring about it and lets people cheat. (Starcraft and warcraft with the map hacks, diablo with god knows how many different cheats, UO now as well). EA just leaves the servers up so they can continue collecting everybody's 13 bucks a month and ride it out until they figure it isn't worth keeping the game around anymore. GM's no longer respond to anyone with problems, you get a reference to a website no matter what the issue is.

The fact is... they don't give half a crap about UO anymore, it's 11 years old and they would rather put their resources into newer games that have a bigger player base such as Warhammer. People cheat now, EA doesn't care, they sure as hell aren't going to spend time banning the 75% of UO players that cheat as that would kill the game on the spot. Adapt or quit... or cry I guess.

R

Richard Pryor

I wish there was a middle ground - one where the "tools" that negate some of the monotony were sanctioned and the flat out hacks that destroy the integrity of the game were banned and policed.

The reality of the situation is unfortunate. This is a mature MMORPG. The remaining players are (for the most part) die-hard fans that will continue playing regardless of the new hacks and EA will not have its cash flow interrupted. Therefore, pewpy attitudes like cheat or be cheated are prevalent.

I guess I could just bite the bullet and play warhammer so that mythic can stick it to me just like they did with daoc.

P

Pezu

im not sure if renaming art files is considered reprogramming. im not telling the program to use a different picture, im just substituting my picture for theirs. hell i bet i could make trees look like matchbox cars.
Is there a difference? I dont think so. What's the difference between changing trees to look like stumps or different field spells to show up as static tiles to cut down on lag? You're just changing one game graphic to another game graphic.

Oh yeah... In order to do that, you have to edit (read "reprogram") some of the configuration files for UO. Guess that's why it's against the terms of service and such.

P

Pezu

I wish there was a middle ground - one where the "tools" that negate some of the monotony were sanctioned and the flat out hacks that destroy the integrity of the game were banned and policed.
I wish UO had a way to decrease video/animation/graphic settings like every other game out there without people having to use "hacks" to do it. Any other online game i play has options to decrease settings for slower computers. UO, because it was initially designed with a hammer and chisel by cavemen has no such features.