• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proffesion Question.

G

I wanted to know about certain professions likes Smiths and Tamers. First off, do smiths generally have fighting capability or do they just make weapons? The same question applies for tamers. Next pls explain what 7 skills smiths and tamers should focus on to be effective at what they do. Last I just want to know a little about tamers in general. What do they do and what advantages do they posses? Thank you.

G

I will point you in the direction of the smith forum and tamers forum as there are faqs at both sub-forums that will answer most of your questions. And any other specific questions about thoses professions would be easier answered there.

I am not trying to say do not post here, but you are asking questions that are better handled in the other forums.

G

It kind of depends on how serious you are about crafting. If you just want a smith to make armor and weps you will need smithing and arms lore. So you will have several other skills points available.

However, I think you are more likely to find that you will want many different crafting abilities which require MANY skills and leave no room for warrior skills. I have two chars I need for crafting and I still have several soul stones to bounce skills back and forth to handle making all the things I need to make.

What shard are you on?

G

I'm of a mind with Warsong on this ...

Smith Forum

Tamer Forum

Like he said also, we don't wish to discourage you from asking here, but the profession forums have the skilled folks who can give you more exact answer on the specifics.

That stated, my smith is a multifunction bloke with lumberjacking, mining, tinkering and carpentry as well. If he is out with his pack animals, he and they can do a troll okay, but tougher foe, he runs from ... FAST! his weapon skills stink.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a smith/miner with fencing and tactics. He heals with potions .

He's made to dig up ore eles and kill them.

He can handle almost all easely. Just the Bronze one and Valorite one are a challenge.

Fighting Smith.

You can make all characters with or without fighting skills. its all a matter of choice.And in UO you have that choice!

G

This is all good help. I will check the forums on tamers and smiths and that link to the fighting smith. And in regards to loqucious my shard is Catskills I'm Delfer. Thanks