• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with Windows 10

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've changed the OS and now i have Windows 10. I have many problems with the game, also with uoassist. Can someone help me? I need to know the problems of the game with my new OS.
Tia

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you be more specific as to your issues ? I've been running win10 for quite some time now, lot of others have too.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first think is that the resolution of the monitor is wrong. I have a 4/3 monitor and i can't see the window of Ultima right. It's or too little or too big. The other thing is that i use UoAssist and UOA loop. It'doesn't work.and use the CC client.with UoAssist and is quite usefullness without UoaLoop. Another thing, i can't make the window down, i also have the real windows or I have to cancel it. Sorry for my bad english. I hope to have explained all my problems right
Thanks

Merth

Journeyman
UOLoop is not approved as far as I know...with that said right click the shortcut and select run as admin and it should work. Check the stay on top box in uo assist, put your uoloop box at top of screen and pull the UO screen down enough to see it and you should be set.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOLoop is not approved as far as I know...with that said right click the shortcut and select run as admin and it should work. Check the stay on top box in uo assist, put your uoloop box at top of screen and pull the UO screen down enough to see it and you should be set.
The first thing is that i am the admin but it doesn't work :( Ok, I don't use uo loop but UOA loop. I don't know if iit's legal but I think of yes because it's a little program that make a macro of assist in loop.. Merth, I hate the Enable Client. I love the CC client too much to change it.. I'd like to play the CCclient also in windows 10. Please help me

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never had problems with UO in windows 10 and I don't run anything as Administrator.

First try running UO by itself and tell us exactly what happens.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first thing is that i am the admin but it doesn't work :( Ok, I don't use uo loop but UOA loop. I don't know if iit's legal but I think of yes because it's a little program that make a macro of assist in loop.. Merth, I hate the Enable Client. I love the CC client too much to change it.. I'd like to play the CCclient also in windows 10. Please help me
Dont matter if you are admin, you still have to run the program in admin mode... an elevated approval... do as described. Right click shortcut, choose properties, go to compability mode - check 'always run as admin'...

Then it should work.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you copy the cc folder from the old computer or a fresh installation on new computer ?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
every program that interacts with UO has to be set to "Run As Administrator" or it does not work, to accomplish this, see below.

right click your shortcut and select properties
upload_2018-11-25_4-30-44.png

Then select the "Shortcut" tab and press "Advanced"
upload_2018-11-25_4-31-47.png

Then check the "run as administrator box" and press ok. do this for all your addons for uo, UOA, UOAM, UO Cartographer etc.

upload_2018-11-25_4-37-10.png

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
every program that interacts with UO has to be set to "Run As Administrator" or it does not work, to accomplish this, see below.

right click your shortcut and select properties
View attachment 89815

Then select the "Shortcut" tab and press "Advanced"
View attachment 89816

Then check the "run as administrator box" and press ok. do this for all your addons for uo, UOA, UOAM, UO Cartographer etc.

View attachment 89817
Sorry but no, it doesn't work :(
It is a new computer with windows 10. My old computer had XP Service Pack3 and all worked well. I think it's a problem with the OS. I've read all other posts but nothing have helped me :(
There is a forum where I can write my problems with Windows 10?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've resolved my problem. I've used the compatibility mode for windows7 and now all works. Thanks to all that have helped me :)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've resolved my problem. I've used the compatibility mode for windows7 and now all works. Thanks to all that have helped me :)
UO is an antiquated coding system, and while the OS may be “supported”, things still glitch. I run everything for UO in comp mode for Win7 because it seems that it gives it the best fighting chance. Glad this helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk