• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Problems With Publish 66

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I didn't want to post this, but so far I am extremely disappointed with the latest publish. I think an awful lot of users of the enhanced client were hopeful that this publish would fix some of the serious performance issues and memory leaks that the enhanced client is currently plagued by, and other than some "particle effect optimizations" these weren't even mention in the patch notes.

On top of that there are some changes that were made that are plain old baffling, and several new bugs that have been introduced. I'm hoping that this is just because the publish hasn't gone live to all the threads yet, but so far this publish is a huge disappointment as far as the enhanced client goes.

Here's a short list of some of the problems that I have found so far:

- Whose bright idea was it to get rid of the pet bar window and replace it with a mobiles window? The mobiles window is a terrific idea, it is one of the things I have loved best about Lucis Interface, but it simply should have been added. It should never have replaced the pet bar window which was one of the things I loved about the EC when I first used it. The pet bar window is wonderful for tamers, and getting rid of it tells me that the devs don't know the first thing about how tamers that are using the EC actually play the game.

- My circle of transparency keybind has stopped working.

- The object handles are completely broken.

- When I first started using the EC I ran into a serious problem. One of the things I love about the EC, one of the main reasons I use it actually, is that I can use the thumb joystick to move. All you need to do is bind it to the cursor keys. However, I used to have all my macros on ctrl-shift key combinations, and when I was moving and I used a macro I would have all kinds of movement problems, from slipping in and out of mouse follow movement, to my personal favourite, running in a straight line with no way to stop until you log off and on. That one got me killed more than once and made pvp a nightmare.

So I switched all my macros to alt-shift key combinations, and the problems largely went away. Well I am dismayed to report that after the latest patch I am seeing a return of the movement issues. I haven't had the running in a straight line problem yet, but my thumb joystick movement has become terribly twitchy, and when I use macros I am having problems with it switching to mouse follow movement, and with starting to run in a straight line, but so far I can get out of both of these issues by right clicking on the screen. But they are going to get me killed without a doubt, and they are going to interfere with my ability to make kills, especially with my dexxers.

Needless to say I am very disappointed. I was just starting to do really well in pvp, but these movement issues are going to take care of that pretty quickly if they persist.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I did just die in pvp, but I'm happy to report that it had more to do with me being asleep at the switch than the EC letting me down... :stretcher:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I'm happy to report that the patch fixed all the problems I was having with the patch, including the movement issues. THANK YOU!!!