• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with locking up, help please

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just returned from having to take a break for a little over a year.

I went with a group of players to fight Corgul. I had a little lag, but nothing too much. When he died and I went to loot my screen locked and I had a little blue spinning cursor circle and no game sounds, then it went to a whitish screen (could still kind of see the screen though the white), then it went to a black screen and my game sounds returned. Then I got my game screen back, but was still locked, then it finally came back up and I was able to loot.

We fought Corgul 2 times, and this happened both times.

Then last night I went to an EM event on my shard (Chessy). The lag was considerably higher, but I figured that was because there were so many more people and a lot of dragons and gargoyles with flapping wings. When the main guy died and I went to loot the lock began, and I figured it would do the same thing. This time it lasted so long that when I returned the body was gone and I was the only one left at the location.

I've been told to switch to the CC for things like that, but I can't really. My eyesight is too bad to try to play on the tiny play screen, and I have grown very fond of the EC.

I know my computer isn't the greatest, it is an Intel dual core 3 GHz with 8GB RAM. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB Dedicated Video Memory and it lists Total Available Graphics Memory as 4863 MB. And I run Windows 7. My hard drive is a 500GB with 100GB free and isn't too fragmented (1%). With my internet I usually have download speeds of 50-60 Mbps and upload speeds of 10-12 Mbps. I shutdown any processes that aren't necessary that are running in the background, no browser open and I do not run multiple UO clients. I do run Pincos and the little Latency bar is always green and shows 0 packet loss and usually under 120 latency.

When I was playing before I went on larger runs like Corgul, Peerless, Champ Spawns and EM Events and I never had the problem of locking up like that. I usually experienced some lag, but no locking like that.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how I might fix it?

Thank you in advance :)