Problems with Ilshenar Humility Champ spawn accelerated corpse decay, pargons, and chocolatiering.

• Thread starter imported_DarkVoid
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_DarkVoid

I was passing through this area, and the monsters in this area when killed leave corpses that decay really quickly, in a minute or two at most.

Unfortunately, if you're trying to gather chocolatiering ingredients, this is a rather bad thing, as instead of the normal amount of time to check the paragon corpses that spawn, you only have a minute or two.

Can the EA/Mythic Devs please look into the original reason for the accelerated corpse decay, which isn't mentioned anywhere on stratics or the UO playguide, and either turn it back to normal corpse decay, or slow it down a bit?

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

The whole purpose of a champ spawn is to kill many creatures as quickly as possible. If you do this, (especially with a whole guild!) the lag would become unbearable if 100's of corpses all layed around for 5-10 minutes each!

Yes, accelerated decay can be a pain with looking for chocolate ingredients (or retrieving bandaids from a slain creature for that fact), but I assure you, there is a VERY good reason for it.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Bring a guilded stealthing scavenger along ... ???

BE the stealthing scavenger ?

AH ! longer public instance of the corpse's ...?
probably not a good idea ..

M

Maximinus Thrax

Implement automatic looting, like Tabula Rasa has

B

Belmarduk

KR gridview with scrolling with mousewheel and rightclick to loot is your friend - Fastest possibel way in UO to loot and look through a corpse.

I

imported_xStrikerx

That is, if you dont lag and die from all the monsters around the champ spawn...

I

imported_DarkVoid

<blockquote><hr>

The whole purpose of a champ spawn is to kill many creatures as quickly as possible. If you do this, (especially with a whole guild!) the lag would become unbearable if 100's of corpses all layed around for 5-10 minutes each!

Yes, accelerated decay can be a pain with looking for chocolate ingredients (or retrieving bandaids from a slain creature for that fact), but I assure you, there is a VERY good reason for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, here's an idea what if ONLY the paragon corpses had normal decay, everything else had accelerated decay? Paragons don't spawn that often, so I would see no reason why their corpses couldn't hang around longer.

The other problem is why haven't the monsters at a champ spawn received some kind of revist/buff/upgrade? I know it is a champ spawn and all that, but the starting monsters are so easy to kill for any developed character, it's not even a challenge anymore. I see no reason why spiders and other spawn for the champ summoning couldn't spawn with slightly more advanced variations that contribute correspondingly greater points advances in the spawn clock cycles, and have the trade-off of being slightly more difficult to kill.

They took shortcuts when they fixed the champ spawns, one of them appears to have been sacrificing individual creature difficulty and normal decay cycles so that people could complete them faster.

I'm also not sure that lag is affected by the amount of corpses. I live near scorpions and if I kill them with pets/summons they still spawn at such a rate that the place is soon littered with bodies yet I'm not affected in any way by the numbers, only by the speed I can loot them at.

To the person who suggested using KR, that is fine if you actually want to use that client. But for people who aren't able to, either because their PC can't run KR, or they simply don't like the client, there is no option at all. I want to see this fixed for both clients.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

I'm not sure you totally understand the way a champ spawn works. Yes, the first level, and usually the 2nd are easy monsters and could prob be buffed a bit, but they did not do anything "so they can be done faster". The is and has always been a specific time constraint on each candle cycle. If you do not progress fast enough (and this is and has always been a pre-determined period of time) then you do not progress. THis requires killing hundreds of monsters in minutes. If the fast decay did not happen you would literally be walking on a carpet of corpses that spanned 5x5 screens ...

That aside, you are welcome to hunt Paragons in NON-champ areas ... like everywhere else in the huge land of Ilsh besides those 3 spots .... the corpses will decay at the normal rate.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Actually, it would be really nice if the creatures that LOOT YOU at the Ilshenar spawns decayed at a normal rate too. It's hard enough trying to track down what looted you in such a mess - then to try to get the stuff off them?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Atlatnic Fel
<blockquote><hr>

Implement automatic looting, like Tabula Rasa has

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh...no more copying other games please.

G

Any paragon creature has the potential to give the cooking ingredients, not just the champ spawn paragons. If you're having trouble keeping up either kill slower or kill something else.