• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with getting design to "commit"

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent literally hours last night rededigning my house. No problem when I click "Backup". No problem when I click "Synch". When I click submit, it says it can't due to structural problems.
I've done house design for many years and know that usually means an orange tile somewhere. I've searched the house top to bottom, hidden walls and floors and I cannot find an orange tile or wall.

Also interesting to note: last night when I did this, I ended up with a moving crate with 5 items in it. The rest of my stuff was still in the house. I removed the 5 items and this morning made tripple sure that all my deeded items were redeeded. Today when I tried again, no moving crate was created and it still won't commit.

I called a GM who responded (it pays to play before 8am Sunday morning) and he suggested that I move all containers to the bottom floor. Fortunately, I haven't been back long enough to really decorate much so I grabbed my trusty packmule Doug and we moved all containers to the bottom floor. In doing so, I discovered that a bunch of my containers were OVER weight. I had one such box that had 957/400 stones. How in the world could that happen?

As of this writing, I'm trying to move stuff around so that no box is overloaded. Other than that, I'm clueless on what to do.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
weight limit doesn't apply to containers that are set 'secure' rather than 'locked down'.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
weight limit doesn't apply to containers that are set 'secure' rather than 'locked down'.
*shew* Thank you for clearing that up! Of course I just spent 10 minutes moving stuff all around thinking maybe that was the problem. My stuff still isn't being moved into the moving crate. It's been so long since I've done this, I don't know if it won't move into the moving crate until AFTER it commits. If I can ever get it to...

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've basically solved my own problem. I reverted the design back to my original design, then customized in stages. I change some walls and floors, commit, go back into customize mode, make some changes, commit. Redo. So far, no problems. And I'm realizing that the only time you get stuff in the moving crate is when it's in the way of a wall or railing you've added. So by tonight, I could be done. *laughs*