• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with Default EC

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK seeing as how I can't play in @Pincos due to the persistant lag I am having problems adjusting/remembering some things about the default EC and also notice problems that used to be and disappeared with Pincos but seem to still be IN the default unless I am missing something. Maybe someone can assist with the following.

1. [bug?] I have been working up my fame and the title on my pdoll will not update, it still says 'trustworthy' even tho after killing quite a few demons in fel. When I open and close the pdoll it does NOT update, I have reloaded the client and it dose not update. Any ideas?

2. [question] In Pincos the amount of fame you have is on the character sheet. Where is it in the default client? I can't find it anywhere. Is there an icon hidden somewhere I can drag to a hotbar.

3. [bug?] When I die, my hotbars grey out, and upon being rezzed they still stay greyed out and I can't use anything in them until such time as I physically MOVE the item in my backpack. So basically I have to move my runebooks, bos, axe, petals etc to get them to be useable again. It drives me absolutely nuts. Opening and closing the backpack does not refresh the item in the hotbar.

4. [bug?] Every time I log in I have to reposition my map, my backpack and my pdoll to the space on the screen I prefer them. It appears the location will not save. Any ideas?

5. [bug?] Every time I log in I have to 'repress' "toggle scale mode", it seems to forget that I want it ON and makes me redo it each and every time I log in.

6. [bug?] Not sure if this is a bug or intended but each time I use my macros 'use item', and 'use item/target last' if I have initially 'used' the item in my hotbar (eg the lockpick in my hotbar) it doesnt recognise that I have used it and I have to 'use' it in my backpack for the macros to recognise the fact I have the lockpick as my last item. So clicking the hotbar lockpick and using it, then hitting my hotkey for 'use item' doesnt work. Yet clicking the lockpick in my backpack then using the macro works. I know it 'used' to work but at some point it stopped working both in the default client and Pincos. It is just a hassle as all the items I generally 'carry' for mulitple use are located in the bottom parts of my backpack and I don't generally have them visible as I prefter to access items using the hotbar.

Any assistance with the above or info would be nice, thanks.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. No idea sorry

2. I can't find it either along with tithing points.

3. Never had this happen myself.

4. I get this which the chat window resetting after I have set up everything the way I want it. It's very annoying. I have sent a few bug reports about it also without any reply.

5. I will check mine and see.

6. I would have to try this myself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I found that I needed to leave the area for my paper doll to update. I usually work fame in painted caves, the name on my healthbar updates when I leave the cave.
2. Fame is on the Loyalty Ratings page, accessed from the character's context menu.
3. I only have a problem with items in a lower pack, the game won't see them till I re-open the pack. On the other hand my first action on being rezed is to hit my 'dress' macro so maybe that fixes the problem before I know there is one.
4. Not sure on that one
5. I think that's intended, but I'm not sure why
6. I just have lockpicks in a hotbar and a hot key assigned to use it.
@DJAd open your chiv book, find the tithing points listed at the top of the right hand page, drag the little book icon to a hotbar.