• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with Browser-Based Gaming? Check your Chrome GPU Settings First!

Claudel GFX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just like the title says, i'm pretty sure there are still plenty of "me" around, guys and gals that still like oldschool computers and hacking them to live another day for some is more than a hobby BUT when it comes to mobile/portable/netbooks or other oldschool gear, many if not most of them have very weak GPU's/RAM plus other features that can let you play a full 2./5/3D game via browsers, now since i'm one of those geeks, i can't play many browser based games with my junky laptop and default gpu, yet again when it comes to Gorgon, if i just use the first newbie cave, i'm more then suffice with the 20-30FPS i have in the instance, but if i am ever to get out, in any towns, i have like 3-10 FPS if there are no players around which is pretty much a hard thing to do without overheating my cheeky ******* of a computer @ very low settings, or... waste about 10 minutes to finish one quest or restock from npcs.

so if anyone is using Chrome and wants to play the game, make sure you check if you computer can handle the game, that way you will know for sure if you can enjoy the game without any problems whatsoever.. just type the following line in your Chrome's address bar and hope for the best :)))

chrome://gpu/

here is my beast :))
Graphics Feature Status
  • Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • 3D CSS: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Compositing: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • CSS Animation: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Flash 3D: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Flash Stage3D: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Video: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Video Decode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Video Encode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
Performance Information
Graphics3.4
Gaming3.1
Overall3.1

Driver Bug Workarounds
  • clear_uniforms_before_first_program_use
  • disable_d3d11
  • exit_on_context_lost