• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems patching the client

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've resetted the computer and now I can't patch the client. I go to the site and download the client and run the patch. But it works until 72% and then it stops. What can I do? It's a new bug? I had the last expansion. I don't know what to do :(
Please help me

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please, it's very important. I can't play UO if i can't do the patch. There is another site to download the client? Please please, help me

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is that you re-setup the uo client folder in different path. The server failed to synchronise the update status. For example, originally, you put the uo client folder in program files folder, and now you copy the folder c:\ directly, this will have path problem.

If you copy the folder to the same path, the update will be fine.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happens only with the CC client. EC has been patched normally.. And i copy the folder to the same path. It pacht themself only 72% then it stops. I have formatted the hard disk. There are no other path for UO. I think that the download from the original site is wrong, But I have to install the CC client. Another solution please?

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've formatted the hard disk and now I can't patch the CC client. I go to the origin site and download the client and run the patch. But it works until 72% and then it stops. The patch for the Enanced Client works well.What can I do? It's a new bug? I have the last expansion and i've been playing far from 11 years. Before resetting my pc UO worked well. II don't know what to do :(
Please help me

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may go uo.com to download the official installer, and setup a new uo.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly the patch servers are being extremely slow.
Starting to patch will go fast but when you get near the end it slows down.

Patching should not take more than a half hour, it's a major turn off.
It's taking me roughly 45 mins to patch each client.

What version of Windows are you running?

Uninstall all UO versions. Delete all installers. Run ccleaner. Clean registry (make a back-up first). Reboot. Turn off any anti-virus for the time the installer will run. Download the installer for the classic client. Ehen installing, change install location. Doesn't matter what, just add a letter to the directory name or something. See if it works now. Download and install the Enhanced Client if you need after this.