• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems getting e-mails from Origin?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I use to have my Origin account set up to an authentication app for signing in. In March, the codes from the app no longer worked. After sitting on the phone for an hour, I finally was able to connect to someone and we changed it to e-mail authentication. Now a few months later, I am not getting the authentication e-mails. It is showing the correct e-mail to send them to but I am not getting them after 30 minutes. I have checked the junk mail and the inbox. I even checked the deleted mail box to make sure and nothing. Come on Broadsword/EA take my money! I want to spend $60 on a six month game time and you won't let me in to take my money. I can log into Mythic with no problem, I can log into my account with no problem, I cannot log into where I buy my game time. Seriously? This is the only game that I have any issues with. I play less and less, at this rate I may be joining the others in saying goodbye to UO. I cannot believe that there are this many problems trying to pay for a game, TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!

@Mesanna

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a bit worried after seeing this post so just logged in to try. I'm also setup to get the "EA Security Code" via email but luckily mine arrived in under 1 minute.

While I was there I also got myself some fresh backup codes.

I hate seeing people with problems like this. They really need to sort out the account management. I hope you get everything sorted @DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you, it took about an hour for them to start rolling in. I use a standard e-mail service and don't have long delays getting emails from other sites so I am not sure why it took so long this time. I got in, I put my authentication app back on the account and copied my backup codes again to be safe this time.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't trust EA at all with my credit cards. I only use paypal.
I don't trust them either. I purchase EA cards at bestbuy and load the cards to origin to purchase game time.