• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with www.uogamecodes.com website

• Thread starter NaKasha Saran
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

NaKasha Saran

I'm trying to purchase the 7th character slot and storage upgrade and every time I enter my uo account name and password it sends me right back to the screen to enter my account name and password... is anyone else having a problem with this and is there an ETA on when it might be corrected?

Thanks! :)

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your account is a older account try adding UO_ before your account name, i know i used to have to do that. If that dosent solve it might be worth calling Customer Services.

Elf.

N

NaKasha Saran

I just tried that and got an error saying that there was no account in the database by that name... went to their help screen and one of the FAQ's was someone having trouble purchasing from the site and the answer was concerning credit card being invalid... I can't even get to that point so that was zero help... :(

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sowy Naka! :grouphug: best bet is call 1-866-543-5435. You gotta go through a bunch of press 1, press 2 nonsense. Go to accounts and tell them what you want, that you can not get the website to work and they will happily sell you what you need! :) That's how I had to do it, I never could get the bloody site to work! That site is a big ole pile of :bs: ! Hey devs why don't you fix the damn thing?:grrr:

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It hasn't worked right in years and EA plainly doesn't care. Obvious evidence that this game is near abandonware.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, people are often having problems with the store and it is probably the most deplorable part of EA's neglect of the game. I mean, c'mon, they cannot even be bothered to ensure that people can give them $$$ in an efficient manner? Jeez.

I know I get upset if I notice a spelling mistake on my web site, which is probably read by an average of one person a week. So how the UO producer can just sit back knowing that such disgraceful standards pervade his game is quite beyond me. Shame on EA.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to purchase the 7th character slot and storage upgrade and every time I enter my uo account name and password it sends me right back to the screen to enter my account name and password... is anyone else having a problem with this and is there an ETA on when it might be corrected?

Thanks! :)
Seem to recall there was a browser problem, not reading the site right or something. Are you using IE? If you are using Firefox, try IE - or vice versa.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a further note, I wanted to purchase four soulstones from the store. Of course though, there is no way of doing that in a single transaction. Oh no, such a revolutionary way of operating is years into the future. Instead you have to buy a single legacy token and enter your address and CC details four times.

Perhaps one day when EA becomes a big game company they will be able to research this idea some more.

A

Azureal

On a further note, I wanted to purchase four soulstones from the store. Of course though, there is no way of doing that in a single transaction. Oh no, such a revolutionary way of operating is years into the future. Instead you have to buy a single legacy token and enter your address and CC details four times.

Perhaps one day when EA becomes a big game company they will be able to research this idea some more.
I always return back to UO because of the same reason, a desire to play something that I enjoy, and a general dislike of other MMOs currently available. It usually takes about a month before my blinkers come off and I start to realise why I left the previous time.

Well, my blinkers have been off a few days now. Things are starting to come into focus again. I know its easy to get dragged down into the doom and gloom, and I try pretty hard to not let it happen to me, but I actaully want to buy a couple soulstones too. Between this post and the other one floating about Im having second thoughts.

It really is somewhat...disgusting?...to see that EA's main money generating website for UO doesnt even work properly.

L

Lord Drakelord

Well we have used that site to purchase the 7th char slot as well as upgrade all accounts the extra bank storage. You might just check the credit card to be sure there are funds availble. Also if you call, asking for an "agent" will get you thru quicker.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are using Internet Explorer, try clearing your browser history and then rebooting before you use the site again. (Use the Tools link at the top of the IE window and then Internet Options.)