• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with Pinco's UI Patcher and Windows 10 - Resolved

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If there's a better place for this question, please move the thread.

I've upgraded to Windows 10 and thought I'd give the Enhanced Client a go. I'm trying to use Pinco's and, overall, it's going ok. However, I cannot get the UI Patcher to run so I don't have all the updates. I have a laptop with Windows 7 and it worked fine.

1. Yes, I'm running the program as Administrator.
2. Yes, I have checked the permissions and sharing on the folders.
3. Yes, I checked and enabled the .Net framework.
4. The Windows Event Viewer shows the following:
Fault bucket 94712961460, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ui patcher.exe
P2: 3.3.0.0
P3: 551b3fd3
P4: UI Patcher
P5: 3.3.0.0
P6: 551b3fd3
P7: e
P8: e0
P9: System.InvalidOperationException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WER47FF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ui patcher.exe_db1a8f1df2596b586f264ffe1afff4e916d6b46_00000000_251e4ce1

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f86b8a29-10c8-11e6-9d9f-c46e1f034109
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: 292011e0f86e0bbddf4c8cfc7b118a23

5. I've cleaned out all the temporary files and ran a disk cleanup on the hard drive including the system files.

Does anyone have any ideas/solutions? Can I copy the patched folder from the Windows 7 laptop successfully?

On a different note, is there a file or set of files that can be copied to keep the same options, sound, item filters, etc. for all characters on all accounts? It's a pain in the rear to have to set them up from scratch for every single character.

Thanks in advance. :)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't help with the Win 10 issue. Runs fine for me. As for the second question...Pincos character profile editor tool. Allows you to copy your setup from toon to toon. Try looking in the Pincos sub forum under enhanced client forum. Probably get more responses and less CC trolls.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Resolved. Posted on Pinco's page and, on a hunch after a question from him, extracted all the files again. It's working now. I should know better. The two rules of software - reinstall and/or reboot. Missed the reinstall. :)