• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with new Gold system ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna

I noticed something odd with the new Gold system.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall how much gold I had nor did I have the time to log in before the patch and clean checks I had "just in case" someone who gave them to me as purchase of items which I sold had duped them.

So, unfortunately, I expected the risk of losing gold with the conversion. But since real life gets in between gaming, I could not take the time to go and convert check by check to clean them up.

What bothers me most, is that this conversion will hurt most likely the honest players like myself, who had no idea that any of their checks were duped while the dupers instead, most likely would have been weary to clean all of their checks already before the patch was published.....

Frankly, on this on thing, I think that Broadsword did it wrong. They could have simply converted all checks whether duped or not and saved honest players from taking unfair losses considering that mass dupers most likely would already have taken care of cleaning up their checks......

I hope, that at least for internal use Broadswords has kept track of how much gold has been deleted per account and per shard due to being duped checks. I'd love to know whether, and how much gold I may have lost, unknowingly, because of the conversion......

But the reason of my post is mostly another. On a couple of Shards on which I knew I had more gold (but as I said, I cannot remember exactly how much....) currently, after the conversion, I am listed to have 25,000,000 gp.

Now, that is oddily an even figure also strangely equal for those 2 shards.....
How is it possible that I did not have decimals on those bank boxes across all characters ? How is it possible that my gold on those 2 shards, across all the characters there is a flat, even 25 millions ?

I find it too much odd and unusual and I wonder whether the conversion system "may" have done some cuts here and cuts there to end up with that figure as my balance on that shard and account.....

Again, I would love to know if, with the conversion system, I may have been "levied" of gold for whatever reason.

Mesanna, could you kindly please let us know whether (hopefully) you have a log of the gold conversion which can tell you how much gold was deleted per account and per shard ?

Thanks.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have logged onto every character on the account per shard right? The gold in a characters isn't added to your account until you actually log on the character.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also worth stating is that gold and checks that aren't stored in the bank doesn't get converted and counted until you deposit them in one of the character's bank.