• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with money

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know english very bad and i don't understand how money works. I need to take some money from a char of an account to a char of another account. How can i do this? Please in easy words that i don't know english well :(
Tia

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can use a a wall safe for that, which is the more complex method, or you can log a char from both accounts.
Use the char from the account with the gold to click the other char, pick trade and on the low part of the trade gump you will see a pile of coins. Type in how much gold you want to give to the other char and click accept.
Switch to the other char and click accept. You gave the other account that gold.

Try this, and if you still can't, I will explain how to use the wall safe.

Edit:
Pictures of the trade gold process:

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if i have to give the money from a char to the same account? And what is wall safe? Sorry but i've read the explanation and i don't understand anything :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All the chars in the same account share the same bank funds.
So they all have access to all the gold you have in the bank that account, so you can go to a bank and say withdraw x, where x is the amount of coin you need. :)

But since all the bank gold is nothing but a number now, you seldom need golden coins to do stuff. You can buy from NPC vendors using your bank balance.

As you can see below, two of my chars from one account have the same bank balance, because it is communal to all chars of that account now:

[/spoiler[

The wall safe, well, it is much more complex.
I will try to capture images of that in a few to try to explain it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK, wall safe, here we go...

Click the banker and select open bank box:

Pick the deposit into secure account option:

Type in the amount you want to deposit (print screen didn't capture the input gump):

As you can see, the journal tells you that you deposited x into your secure account

Go to your wall safe. Tinkers can build it, it has to be locked and secured in your house. Make sure it is security is set to something the character from your other account can access:

Go to your wall safe (tinkers can build it, it has to be locked and secured in your house):

Double click it, click deposit and type in the amount (print screen didn't capture the input gump):

Double click it and pick withdraw:

There is a very important bit here. The secure account isn't shared among all chars in your account. They are exclusive of that char.

Head to the bank with the char that withdrew from the safe, click the banker and pick open bank box:

Select the withdraw option, type in the amount you want to withdraw:

The gold is now available for all the characters in that account to use it:

Phew, that was quite the process to do it.
Do the trade route when you can instead.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also just use the trade window for characters on separate accounts... it has the ability to add gold in t he window itself.

trade window.png

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
SHAMELESS BUMP
This one doesn't prove much of a point... if she couldn't in this system she wouldn't have been able to with the other system. The only thing that changed was removing a physical item.

Anyways... good luck with your two accounts. As others have pointed out, you'd just trade between them as normal but instead of using a check you'd use the new currency fields. All characters on a single account share gold so it's not important to be able to hand it off.

Which is hands down a great perk of the new system.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This one doesn't prove much of a point... if she couldn't in this system she wouldn't have been able to with the other system. The only thing that changed was removing a physical item.

Anyways... good luck with your two accounts. As others have pointed out, you'd just trade between them as normal but instead of using a check you'd use the new currency fields. All characters on a single account share gold so it's not important to be able to hand it off.

Which is hands down a great perk of the new system.
How the hell did you get all that out of a shameless bump?