• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with Heartwood Quests??

BlackXGlass

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have been having an issue with doing some of the Heartwood Crafting Quests. I can do the Bow Fletching ones just fine and the items I am making do the Day-Glo orange thing in my backpack. When I make the crossbow bolts however the NPC will not acknowledge that the quest is complete even though it registers as complete on my quest log. Also , if I try to do any of the other quests like blacksmithing , They will not glow orange and will not register in any way . I have accepted the quest so they should work . Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong that I am not aware of ? Any Info would be a help . Thx

BlackXGlass

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Are the items in your outer most pack?
Yes all items are in my outer pack
Seems like the major problem child is the quest for crossbow bolts
when I first did that one I ended up making 69 as that was what I had in my pack. I had to quit the quest because it didn't recognize the number
also while I can do the rest of the fletching quests no other quest are able to be done ,blacksmithing , tailoring , etc...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think the setting is per skill to "mark as quest item" so maybe you need to set your smithy tool gump to the mark as quest and it should pop orange if you have an active quest.

For the xbow bolts... I've never done that one by accepting the quest first then making. I always have a big stack in my pack, and when that quest does come up, I just use the context menu of my character to "toggle quest item" (I think in the EC you can set this as a hotkey item too) target the whole stack and it works to take just the 10 our of the larger stack.

BlackXGlass

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think the setting is per skill to "mark as quest item" so maybe you need to set your smithy tool gump to the mark as quest and it should pop orange if you have an active quest.

For the xbow bolts... I've never done that one by accepting the quest first then making. I always have a big stack in my pack, and when that quest does come up, I just use the context menu of my character to "toggle quest item" (I think in the EC you can set this as a hotkey item too) target the whole stack and it works to take just the 10 our of the larger stack.

BlackXGlass

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The quests do seem to work now although I hadn't changed a setting . Tried again after the last patch and things seemed to go ok although I never did them all but so far it looks good . The crossbow bolt quest still did not work until I tried Tuan's little trick. Then it worked just fine. I had checked prior to this to make sure my quest setting were correct and they seemed to be. Not sure what was happening but it seems to be ok now. Thx for the help and good luck on all your quests.