• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with guild chat

convas

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever since I installed the latest patch, guild chat is dead. I do not get any of the messages sent and my messages do not get sent either. The guild chat also appears in black (and so does the regular chat, while the party chat appears in grey!) which doesn't make sense because in the settings it is set to the default green colour... I tried uninstalling the client and re-installing from scratch but the problem persists... The last thing I remember doing before it stopped working was install the patch so it must have something to do with that....I should also mention that I am using the 2d client

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go to options and select the "eyeball" icon and check that the option my cursor is on in this screenie is not checked. i had this issue once my options got changed in a patch a while back.

convas

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, the "ignore guild messages" option is not checked, so I should be able to participate in the chat (the same goes for the general chat and alliance btw, I can't send or receive messages). I'm surprised no one else has replied so far, I thought that it would be a common problem. The fact that I completely uninstalled and re-installed it and got the same thing shows that it must be a problem with some file or key that is not removed when you uninstall. Another strange thing that happens is that if I press the 'default' button, the party, alliance, guild and chat colours become black...

convas

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to your help I finally managed to fix it. I manually changed the colours then checked ignore messages, restarted the client and unchecked it. For some strange reason it worked...