• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem patching KR

J

Jimbo

Hey there, i've been away from UO for a long time, thought i'd jump back in and see how it is these days. See if its worth getting back into. I downloaded the KR client from fileplanet, but i can't get the game going.

I've pretty much tried everything i've read anywhere that i can find, and still have no luck. When i try to run the game with the patcher, i get,
Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-51-0-3.rtp( 3672286 bytes )
Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-51-0-3.pat( 11 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uokr_win32_2-51-0-3.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session

When i bypass the patcher and try to log in i get,
Network Error
Connection Lost

I've tried dropping a buildinfo.txt into the main directory and tried one file containing,
Date: 2008/05/27 14:49:11
Version: 2.53.0.2
Changelist: 108899
P4 Client: p4auto_UOCLIENT2_uonext

and one containing,
Date: 2008/03/19 11:06:35
Version: 2.51.0.3
Changelist: 107839
P4 Client: p4auto_UOCLIENT2_uonext

No luck with either of those, when i try to patch with the buildinfo.txt in the directory, i get this at the end of the patchlog.

End patch

buildinfo.txt

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'buildinfo.txt'

error ept0036:

Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Error applying patch

Error during session

Hopefully somebody out here see's the issue, and knows the fix, cause i'm stuck, and obviously EA is of no help. Thanks guys.

J

Jimbo

Bah there was a stinkin blank line in it. Didn't think that'd cause an issue. Looks like it's patching now.

Thanks very much!

By the way, any shards stand out from the others these days?