• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem mining with uokr macro's

D

dupadupa

ok.. i havent played uo for maybe four years now... something like that, i quit maybe two years after the the "age of shadows"

just came back the other week and i am struggling to get to grips with the uokr macro's im trying to make a macro so i dont have to click so many times to mine ore....

ive got a macro set up to use "last object", then "last target".. which works fine when i am running around without a pack horse... problem starts as soon as i get my pack horse out.. i go to the spot to mine.. double click the pickaxe.. double click the mountains, then when i press my assigned macro keys it says "you cant mine that"

again i repeat this only does not work when i have my pack horse with me... as soon as i stable my horse and go back to the same spot, and repeat the same procedure it works again...

any info or help on this would be much appriciated... ive spent maybe two hours today trying to work this out :bored:

thanks in advance

//Dupa

A

Angus

I have had trouble mining in KR as well. I found the last object - last target not that helpful, but using the other macros like 'Target by resource' seem to work well. But i will admit I mostly mine in 2D.

This site has some great stuff on setting up macros and what not.

www.uoguide.com/KR_Macros

Hope it helps.

B

burnttrees

ok funny thing is i had a post written out and decided to delete it and walk away and while i was away i thought about what you said about being able to use the last object, last targeting options with out a pet present so i looked for some info

Clear Target - pressing the escape <ESC> key will clear the target bar off your screen and remove the targeting ring from around people, npcs, pets and monsters. Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to toggle this target ring 'OFF' permanently.
i am glad that you noticed the fact it was the pet being targeted as i didnt but then again i always have a fire beatle with me at all times when mining

so i grabbed my beatle and tried it and this does infact work just clear the target before you start mining

also you may want to try the gather by resource option it is very handy as you can make one macro with 2 or more gather by resource actions in it then just assign one pick to each one and set them as you see fit

sadly this doesn't work with prospectors tool but with 4-5 shovels or picks set in the macro you get 5 hits in for every button push and enable repeating gives 10 strikes withe 5 tools (just make sure you have room in your pack :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One think you can do with the prospector tool is manually target each area that is an obvious different resource square, then use target by resource. TbR often finds squares you didn't know you could reach, or are hidden, so you won't get all of them, but it's better than nothing.

One of these days I'm gonna try ore elemental hunting with a the TbR macro. It'll be like a box of chocolates, to quote Forrest's mother.....

B

burnttrees

thank you for the idea Basara

i would like to point out tho and maybe you dont do it like me but i have 4-5 picks at a time i A macro makes for fast mining but if you pulled a ele you might get stuck until the macro ends or worse pull more then one

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
burnttrees, I LIVE for the hunt of the eles.... The only things I'm afraid of are paragon copper & Valorite eles, as I can kill anything less by autodefending, WITHOUT healing. I once brought up 5 normal shadow elementals in 9 swings of a single garg pick, and never stopped swinging - 2 were dead when the vein ran out on the 10th swing, and I never dropped below 50 HP out of about 115. And that was when I was using an elemental slayer mace, not the Blackthorne's Kryss with life leech that I have now.

Lang's tag line in my sig pic isn't a joke.

D

dupadupa

Angus that website was very helpful thanks for that!! going to look at doing a macro with multiple use last resorce set...

Thanks to burnttrees last night i managed to mine alot better using last object last target by using the escape key!! so thanks too for that!! it worked lovely for about an hour and a half (i ran out of pick's) a

one question in regard to last resource and last target macros when i run out of pick's do i have to start a totally new macros.. i only ask as when i put more pick's into my backpack after running out last night my last object last target macro stop working even tho i was using the escape key

anyways im alot happier miner now... feels act good to be back just a shame where i am in europa there are no people :sleep2:

D

dupadupa

is there any quick way of moving ore from your packys to your own backpack to smelt as you cant smelt directly from the packy?

B

burnttrees

dupadupa not sure why but my macros broke as well sadly what ever broke them prevented them from being able to be used by anything else

also the 2 commands are (for lack of a better term) static well the first one is it will work on the LAST object you have double clicked on and target last is basically just that it just uses the memory of your last target to direct the action. The problem is i was not even getting an error saying that there was no material to mine or that i couldn't mine that so i am guessing its the use last object thats broke it may have broke when a tool broke not sure

D

dupadupa

burntrees.. i feel your pain.. we both in the same boat on that one!!

what im doing now is using the target last resource macro that that was explained on the link angus pointed out.. down side is you have to pair a pickaxe to each last resorce square thingy you use.. so everytime you use up your axe's you have to spend two minutes re-pairing up picks to squares...

as much as that is a pain the last resource macro works very well, (for a start it does work consistantly) and it digs out the ore VERY VERY quick.. it works alot faster than using last object last target,

i have stacked up 4 last resorce squares in a row in my macro, works very nice, act seems to use 4 at once so 8 ore in one swing nearly or so it seems,

anyways burn~ what server u playing, if u was on europa maybe i could be of more help

B

burnttrees

dupadupa normally i only use target by resource and i have 2 of them set up one for 4 picks shovels and one for 5 picks shovels i almost always only use sturdy picks shovels the 4 item macros for the 200 use tools and the 5 item macro for the 150 use tools this combined with repeat action give me 8-10 swings depending on the macro i am using

maybe i wasnt understandable in my above posts about that