• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem at 100%

G

Okay, so I load EA Land up as normal, log into test center 3 and its fine. I log in, click my avatar and it loads the city, but stops at 100% and eventually stops responding. My friend who also plays test center 3 says it displayed me as online.. so I don't know what's wrong. I tried making a new avatar but the same problem persisted. I'm on Windows Vista by the way.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do?

M

mpn

I am having the same problem.

I ticked the setting to repair the EA land installation and it said a 168 byte update is needed every time i repair it. When I get in, my house is stuck on "Retrieving..." and when I enter the city, it hangs at 100% and "Preparing Cartography".

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am having the same problem.

I ticked the setting to repair the EA land installation and it said a 168 byte update is needed every time i repair it. When I get in, my house is stuck on "Retrieving..." and when I enter the city, it hangs at 100% and "Preparing Cartography".

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, how did you do that? Where is the repair function?

Mine also froze on Preparing Cartography..

M

mpn

It's under 'options' in the city selection screen, but it doesn't solve the problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's under 'options' in the city selection screen, but it doesn't solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it doesn't

I wonder why it's doing this?

J

Jinkama

all this is making me sick...how many problems are still waiting for us today??

G

<blockquote><hr>

all this is making me sick...how many problems are still waiting for us today??

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely a lot more...

G

quick ?? for you .. are your set with resolution levels in your target shortcut. I took those out this morning and its been working for me.. other then that I was getting to log in fine.. logged in and got to 100% then poof to desktop. I read another post on here this morning.. took that out and have been working fine since... well since server went up that is....

I just tried the old shortcut that still has the resolution and I am not getting anywhere with that..

G

<blockquote><hr>

quick ?? for you .. are your set with resolution levels in your target shortcut. I took those out this morning and its been working for me.. other then that I was getting to log in fine.. logged in and got to 100% then poof to desktop. I read another post on here this morning.. took that out and have been working fine since... well since server went up that is....

I just tried the old shortcut that still has the resolution and I am not getting anywhere with that..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... i'll try that!

Edit: I don't have set resolution in the target..

F

Fool at TC

Same problem.
Really tired of maxis not knowing how to run a [censored] game.

G

Grooby

I also got the same problem, i can log in but when i choose avatar game stuck at 100% ... please maxis fix this issue!!!

G.

M

mpn

EA land is working for me, but i can't really do anything as a free player...

TC3 is what isn't working for me.

G

Okay, just glad to hear I'm not the only one. If anyone figures this out or hears anything, please fill in the rest of us!

G

OK was working fine.. everything rolling great.. then boom Error 23 .. out of TC3 I go.. and now I'm hanging at 100% and it completely freezes my computer up..... UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGG

G

I tried logging into EAland and after downloading an 8mb update it worked fine. So I went back and tried TC3 again, and it downloaded an update it hadn't been downloading before...the same 8mb...anyway, after that, it worked! Good luck to anyone else if you're having the same problem!

M

mpn

No. Didn't work for me.

What do I lose by uninstalling and re-installing?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I tried logging into EAland and after downloading an 8mb update it worked fine. So I went back and tried TC3 again, and it downloaded an update it hadn't been downloading before...the same 8mb...anyway, after that, it worked! Good luck to anyone else if you're having the same problem!

[/ QUOTE ]

not getting an update.. just tried.. got in to pick a sim.. but then hang at 100%

G

I've been fine now, they did a server reboot over 1 hour 30 mins ago and i've had no issues

G

ive been having problems all day now since they brought everything back up and i hang at 25%.. maybe it will be fixed tomorrow *fingers crossed* need to make up for almost 2 days of no simmies

G

Grooby

On my one PC i can log in and play using my avatar in TC3, on my second PC with the same update and settings i cant join TC3 using the same avatar, the game stuck at 100% ...

I think this is somehow releated to update. maybe it installed some bad files ?
Is there any possibility to force an update again? i dont want to reinstall the game ...

Maxis?

G.

G

I actually got into Test Center 3 last night (well, around 12pm PST) but only because i switched to EA Land, then went back to Test Center 3, installed the 8.4mb update AGAIN. Now if I try it without doing that it still stops at 100%