• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pro Tip To Keep Deceit Mobs From Looting Your Drops

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discovered this by accident. Fill a container (not sure if a pouch or bag works but why would it not?) with blank runes or anything weighing one stone. The liches & skeletal knights will loot the runes instead.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discovered this by accident. Fill a container (not sure if a pouch or bag works but why would it not?) with blank runes or anything weighing one stone. The liches & skeletal knights will loot the runes instead.
Or bag of sending each one. Or insurrance... no point in bogging down the bag count with useless items.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I carry all the looted T maps but they still take my Petals. I know they take runes cause all mine are gone so I should try that.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
monsters loot based on the VDP price of the items in your pack - they take the highest value items first

VDP stands for vendor default price - it's what you can usually sell something for to the normal vendors in town

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Gold and bags of sending seem to always be first items they will go for.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They used to take the paragon chests, but now they take the objects from inside them.
They have never stolen my bag of sending, but they do take my enhanced bandages out of my first aid belt.

all the other stuff will be on the corpse when it dies.
but enhanced bandages will not.

They never take anything out of my main backpack, just from inside my loot bag.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've found that they LOVE looting gems first. So make a bag with about 10-20 single stacked gems, and you'll be a lot safer.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Try carrying a ramrod, it will be gone on first rummage.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not loot gold, gems, or any of that - it's all about the drops. Loot is better gotten in 30 min hunting your favorite cash cow mobs. They take the runes over my Deceit drops every time. Before I did this, they looted my drops.