• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Primer Rarity

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, i've been doing Champ Spawns lately to try to get Primers, and i've noticed that the drop rate for Primers above Lvl 1 is stupid rare. I've done quite a few Champ Spawns on Atlantic with groups of people, and have gotten about 15 Primers there. I've also soloed 10 Champ Spawns on Napa, and so have 60 Primers (6 per Champ) there. Out of 75+ Primers, 73 are Lvl 1, 2 are Lvl 2, and 0 are Lvl 3...
If Mastery is going to be a big part of a character, the higher level Primers really should be more common than that. Especially considering they're Shard Bound. Maybe make them bindable with a Scroll Binder?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
During the weekend, I soloed quite a few champ spawns (7 ish spawns, around 15 fel spawns).
I have had a bit more luck than you. I got around 12 or so level 2 primers and about 4 level 3 primers (spellweaving, animal taming, mace fighting and mysticism).
I still don't have enough data to back this, but out of 6 ish valor spawns and 1 humility spawns, they all dropped only level 1 primers.
I only got level 2 and level 3 primers from fel lost land champ spawns and one from the turtle spawn in Eodon.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I get level 2 and level 3 with fel spawns. I like them being a bit "rare" as it means if I get crappy scrolls, getting a higher level primer kinda makes up for it.

I did a few Humility spawns also and only got 1x level 1 primer so I just stopped bothering. No power scrolls and 1 low end primer = meh. So I went to fel.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had a level 2 and level 3 primer off the turtle spawn in Eodon.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive done a lot of spawns ect, no level 3s yet. I would rather have them rare than to be given out like candy and everyone have after a month or 2. good job devs.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've not gotten anything other than level 1's in Tram, but have gotten the level 2's and 3's when doing Fel T2A spawns. That seems to be a fair balance.

Also, the new content is only a week old. Give this a month or two, and all levels of all primers will be on vendor search at much cheaper prices than they are today (on Atlantic atleast).

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a level 3 from the eoden turtle spawn yesterday. All my other 3s are from fel spawns. They seem about as rare as 20 scrolls. One thing I did notice is that on one spawn my protector dropped from knight and I didn't get any at all. I still got powerscrolls tho.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems to be about the same drop rate as 120s honestly

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done several Dragon Turtle champs with everyone else on europa. I have gotten 6 masteries, one level 3, all the rest level one - and all but one of them is for Wrestle.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think they should have been set up to where you need to use 1, 2, & 3 to reach max level, instead of just waiting for the mastery primer 3 to drop.... kinda defeats the purpose.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Doing that would make all of them have some decent market value, so it would be pretty nice indeed.
I wonder why we didn't get a book like the power scrolls, the alacrity and the transcendence books to store them, though. :p

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would have balanced out drops in fel and tram. Should be able to get higher than one in tram(yes i know you can, but odds against it). Just like champs scrolls, was never fair to have them only drop (cept the +5's) in fel for so long. just my opinion

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I wish they would have balanced out drops in fel and tram. Should be able to get higher than one in tram(yes i know you can, but odds against it). Just like champs scrolls, was never fair to have them only drop (cept the +5's) in fel for so long. just my opinion
It's completely fair. PS are still completely fair. It is balanced. No further discussion needed...

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Old Vet Back Again

seems more like you are one putting your play style above the rest. My feeling is that content should be available to all. Sorry you do not agree, but does not give you a right to think your opinion is more important than anyone else. Your post makes no sense, since you are the one advocating for lack of balance, and discussion. Saying I am selfish is not right. My idea does not impact you at all, your way impacts me. I said it was in first post that it was my opinion. Do you not know what that means? No wonder why so few new people post when all we do is get bashed by people who think they are the Gods of ultiima.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Old Vet Back Again

seems more like you are one putting your play style above the rest. My feeling is that content should be available to all. Sorry you do not agree, but does not give you a right to think your opinion is more important than anyone else. Your post makes no sense, since you are the one advocating for lack of balance, and discussion. Saying I am selfish is not right. My idea does not impact you at all, your way impacts me. I said it was in first post that it was my opinion. Do you not know what that means? No wonder why so few new people post when all we do is get bashed by people who think they are the Gods of ultiima.
My opinion is in complete consideration of the entire community. That is why I stated it is balanced. Fel get's their perks while tram gets their's. Making them equal would not balance play styles, it would further tilt towards tram and completely destroy any kind of market there currently is. What you are wanting is selfish and unbalanced because there is absolutely no risk for you to get what you want. This has a drastic consequence to game's economy. If you could get lvl 3 masteries/120 PS in tram with zero effort (working a baracoon at humility takes no effort) and no risk of dying/losing the item we will have an over saturated market thus making the content (which you put above all) undesirable.

I look out for tram and fel equally, can you say you do the same?

You better answer honestly because with your theory if tram and fel ARE equal, what's the point of fel and not just making tram have consensual pvp?

Oh, and all the content is available to all. It sounds like you just chose not to do some of it because it is too hard...

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@old vet

I dont get you old vet. You have no idea what the whole community wants.

I do not even get the context of what you mean when you talk about balance and things being equal

I do not understand whey the economy would collapse with what i mentioned

There is no risk in this game at all. having a computer character die has no effect on the real person playing it. its a game

I do not understand what you mean by "i look out for tram and fel equally" Me be honest?

"do some of it because it is too hard" this sounds like something i hear on general chat at times. When people just start to sarcastically insult some one it usually means they do not have a good argument. It also seems like I am sick of getting attacked personally by people when I do not think you are suppose to be. You should just stick to some arguments based on something other than broad generalizations that you know everything

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we are sharing opinions then I will simply add mine. Power scrolls in Felucca in my opinion is a fair system. It adds value to the item and I think there is still a market for them because of how they are implemented. If they were equally available in both facets then they would be significantly less desirable. People still do Felucca champ spawns to this day due to them. I think having a greater chance to receive high level masteries in Felucca would be a great addition to the game, I hope this is the case.

I was doing a Felucca champ recently and was raided. It is what you expect when playing in Felucca and reaping the rewards. I was on a PvM character and I eventually died. My guild was not on or else we could have had a more interesting PvP experience. Was my game play diminished because I was killed while soloing a Felucca champ spawn? Not at all. I didn't get the reward but I still got a positive experience. Also it helped in my case that the raiders simply did their thing and didn't try and demoralize me. I think if more raiding guilds treated their wins with a bit more respect more people wouldn't have the anti-fel sentiment that is prevalent these days.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And if you are worried about being raided, doing T2A spawns greatly diminish the chance, because they are random, take a lot of leg work to get to, which makes them less desirable spots to start big fights, and thus are seldom checked by raiders.
Could still happen, specially in more populated shards, but odds are very low.

I think keeping power scrolls in fel is fine. Level 2 and 3 Mastery books can be acquired in tram rules facet at the turtle spawn in Eodon, and I suspect that it would also be the case on the other tram only champ spawns (sleeping dragon, bedlam, weald). Haven't done those, though.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive done 3 fel spawns and 2 turtle spawns today. I got 0 level 3s from the fel spawns and a 3 from each turtle spawn. This has only been out a week. 2 months from now we won't even be having this discussion because by then most people will have the level 3s that they need. I've even traded for one that i wanted ( a bushido for a spellweaving ) . Unless one of these is super unbalanced in pvp I don't see them being as expensive as powerscrolls in the long run.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Podolak
Thanks for replying. I understand your point of view. I Just think that having scrolls in fel only was ok at first, I just do not see why it has to be that way what like 12 years later. I also think that pvp should be done for the excitement it offers, more than just having a captive audience to sell stuff to another group that does not follow the same play style. To me that is where I do not think it is fair.
I totally agree with what you said at the end. If fel did not have the problem of 'a few bad apples' then there would never be a lack of participants. The years I played Asian shards I was amazed at the way people pvp'd in such a more respectable way. I think what is more in important to pvp play would be balance of templetes and no hacks, honor and recognition (awards, special clothes, etc). I have always respected the skill needed to pvp.

@Bealank

I have probably solo's close to 200 champ spawns in fel. I was not asking for them in tram (though i do wish they would), i used it as an example

@StealYourFace

Congrats on your good luck. I have done 15 turtle spawns, all were lvl 1.

was listning to **** pick number 2 today, what a great set

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the good ones only really available in fel is just more bait to draw easy targets for the pkers. A standard routine the devs have used since the early days of tram. Nothing new or surprising.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I still think they should have been set up to where you need to use 1, 2, & 3 to reach max level, instead of just waiting for the mastery primer 3 to drop.... kinda defeats the purpose.
People dont wait to have a 120PS so why would they have to use 1,2 and then 3? Totally beats the point IMO. If its PSes then leave it as it is. Only a matter of time till everyone gets their hands on the new level 3 masteries.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People dont wait to have a 120PS so why would they have to use 1,2 and then 3? Totally beats the point IMO. If its PSes then leave it as it is. Only a matter of time till everyone gets their hands on the new level 3 masteries.
Indeed true. Infact you can't hardly give away PS that are less than 120.