• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] prickly pear issues

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
for the last 6 months (on and off) I've been gradually aiming towards obtaining every plant type in every plant colour.
I havent specifically been going at it full guns, just crossing whatever has happened to mature with something else in storage to obtain something different.
Anyway, now I have most plant ypes in most colours, but it would appear I have no prickly pears of any colour except plain.
I have a book that lists what crosses I do to obtain what plant types - despite several crossings that should have given me prickly pears have always resulted in something totally different. From cactus and vanilla to just random other plant types like a fern etc.
So my question is what gives?
Is it bugged or something?
I have now resorted to growing every colour of water plant and every colour of tribarral cactus. Once I have all these I will attempt directly crossing all these and see what grows. But not holding out much hope based on previous cross results

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sorry to say, but all cactus plants are buggy. It started with the special cactus that gave us the colored vanilla and stuff. You can get the seeds by cross breeding, just takes longer. You might ask in chat if any other gardners have some. I know on lake austin we help each other

Last edited:

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Sorry to say, but all cactus plants are buggy. It started with the special cactus that have us the colored vanilla and stuff. You can get the seeds by cross breeding just takes long. You might ask in chat if any other gardners have some. I know on lake austin we help each other
I'm on the rather empty dranchenfels - havent seen anyone for a month!
anyway, from 2 attempts on several crossings, the ratio appears to be 1 successful tribarrel from 6-8 crossing attempts

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That sound correct. I love the special cactus but hate the big affect on the other cactus.