• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Price of treasure maps

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or has the price of treasure maps risen dramatically in the last year? Like 10 fold? I have always used the unmentionable site to check prices before I put things on my vendor (and always underprice them :) ) and I was shocked at how much higher the prices are then they were a year ago when I last sold some.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a lot of treasure hunters out there! At times it is easier to buy a half dozen maps instead of trying to fight the crowd is Miasma.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The prices went up enormously as the t-maps are very popular to hand in for clean-up points. So you can dig up the chest and then get a lot of points for the map you would have thrown away before. I am selling LVL 6 maps for 80k now, and can not keep up with the demand for them.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently have a bunch of Plain maps all Tram. Once I get a price figured out for them, they'll be on my vendor. I pull them up with sea serpents. Guess I found another way to make good gold! Thanks for the information, guys!

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The prices went up enormously as the t-maps are very popular to hand in for clean-up points. So you can dig up the chest and then get a lot of points for the map you would have thrown away before. I am selling LVL 6 maps for 80k now, and can not keep up with the demand for them.
I suspect level 6's are so high because the possible drops... otherwise, they aren't worth *that* many points.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 1000 points for a lvl 6 map. You would pay 100 gold per point if you buy them, so at 80k you still save 20k gold and can dig up the treasure for more gold and what comes with it.

I gave it a quick look, plainly drawn t-maps sell for anything between 500 and 15000 gold. I guess you have to try what's right for your shard.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are doing maps just for points I suggest heading down to dark guardians. I bring four
packies with me and set up in the room. I get 10 to spawn each time. That's 10 maps (lvl 1-3) per round.
I get about 10k-15k turn in points per 100 maps. With whirlwind you can wipe each batch of 10 in
about 5 seconds. Plus you get about 7k gold per round and 300 daemon bones. It adds up pretty quick.
Only pain is sorting through the corpses. In 20 minutes you easily end up with 15k trade points worth
of maps, 70k gold and 3k daemon bones. Not to mention some nice elemental weaps plus slayers.