• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price for reverting to free play?

F

frogger2

curious here....if i decide to kill a couple accounts and turn them to free accounts will the main avatar/sim, "ill always will be a sim lol" be able to maintain his lot8 house? when i was first reading on free accounts i read that free account not moved into a lot can only have a lot size 1 the smallest size, but i cant remember if thier were any mention on a paid account going free after making lot8 home. main question is will our lot 8 home be reverted to size 1 or will it stay lot8 with objects? also will we keep our current skills? how much do we lose going free?

G

I had an account with a sim that had a lot, I think it was a size 4 but had not built anything on it. When I converted it was set back to 12x12. But that was some time ago now, maybe it's changed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

curious here....if i decide to kill a couple accounts and turn them to free accounts will the main avatar/sim, "ill always will be a sim lol" be able to maintain his lot8 house? when i was first reading on free accounts i read that free account not moved into a lot can only have a lot size 1 the smallest size, but i cant remember if thier were any mention on a paid account going free after making lot8 home. main question is will our lot 8 home be reverted to size 1 or will it stay lot8 with objects? also will we keep our current skills? how much do we lose going free?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bounce back to free you'll lose all but three (supposed to be one but there's a bug right now making all of the first 3 avatars accessible but not any on the next page) avatars, though they won't lose any of their skills and you'll go from $500 a week bonus to $100 a week. Your lot will also be a size 0, though I have not heard anybody say if that is temporary or if you will get the size 8 lot back if you convert back to a premium account. As for objects, not sure about that but there's no different in object limit between premium and free so I am guessing that anything that won't fit on a size 8 lot would just go into your sim's inventory.

I like having my interests diversified, especially having as few locks as we have per sim right now till amnesty, so I like having multiple avatars to do different things on and that's the reason it's worth it to me to be premium and stay premium, but I can understand how if a person had, for instance 5 premium accounts they might want to cut back to 2 now that we're all in one city, I just hope that there aren't many people who decide to not have any premium accounts at all, because that's lost revenue for EA which could result in the entire game being shut down, so that's got to weigh into any decision of whether or not to close an account. RL expenses have to come first, without a doubt, but barring that I don't want to skim off EA's budget anymore than has already been skimmed, or things are gonna get worse and never get better.

G

Free accounts are not working right, right now. I am not sure exactly how they are supposed to work. I don't think anyone here is.

Here is an update on a new feature and a bug fix. Here It sounds painful.

I

imported_Spacey

From what I understand, you get to keep your main sim. But, I am wondering exactly when those others get purged from the system. Is it still 90 days? Say you take a 2 month break and revert to Basic, can you get all your sims back ( in perfect condition) when you start paying again. Also, will your anniversary gifting resume from that date... just as it did before.

G

<blockquote><hr>

From what I understand, you get to keep your main sim. But, I am wondering exactly when those others get purged from the system. Is it still 90 days? Say you take a 2 month break and revert to Basic, can you get all your sims back ( in perfect condition) when you start paying again. Also, will your anniversary gifting resume from that date... just as it did before.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good question Spacey. I will add that to the list of questions I am going to ask when I am in the Town Hall again (which I hope will be sooner rather than later when I see Lee or Greg in there). I'll post the answers that I get, but as I said before I can't understand why I can't get my screenshots to work like they are supposed to. I'm gonna have to tag Niki or somebody on YIM and ask them wtf I'm doing wrong
lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cbrewton this link gives you step by step instructionson how to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.....I've done this before and that's when it always wants to save in a funny format that is not .gif, .jpg or .bmp it's one I've never seen before. I will give it a shot next time I have a convo that I want to preserve and see if it works, since I do have a photobucket account that I use for my siggies I have here. Dunno what I could be doing wrong that's making it do that, but I hope perseverance is the key, cuz I'll keep trying!