• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price estimation

P

Prudentis

Is there a way to calculate a "correct" and fair price for a given item?
This should be possible with artifacts and harder for standard items with varying stats.
But do you know any sites or calculators with such info or can you give me some other advice?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a very difficult question to answer.

When i price something i often think: What would i pay for something like that.
I don't often sell high priced items.
When i do have somehting very rare and expensive to sell , i look around and see what the item is average sell for.

I would not buy anything i have to pay more then 2 million for. I just feel its not worth it. But i know some people don't mind spending million on Doom Arties. I would not do that.

There is a good price for everything. I geuss its just personal how high or cheap you want to price stuff.

P

Prudentis

Well, you know, something like the wow auction house would help me in determining the value of things.
Running around the continent visiting hundreds of vendors, seems not to be an option

I would, just for the fun of it, like to set up a vendor and sell some not-so-uber stuff some new or returning players might use. I probably don't have anything of real value yet, but just a few days ago I found a nice 18% LRC piece with OK resists. Those things are at least worth something to new chars. But are they 99 or 9999, I have no idea.
I am close to completing a full LRC set for example and I have no idea how much I could charge for it. The first one I will keep myself of course but what do I need a second one for?
I liked working the AH in wow very much so I guess I am just looking for something like that in UO.

edit: btw, frarc. Since easter is over, I have more time to spend online again.
You think we can do some more taming/hunting together?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

edit: btw, frarc. Since easter is over, I have more time to spend online again.
You think we can do some more taming/hunting together?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sell 100% LRC set for 20K and they sell very well.

Sure!

Don't you have some pets to bond this week?

P

Prudentis

Maybe, yes.
I heard, that the bonding time varies from a few days to two weeks ... there were some posts on the tamer forum.
But I will see, if some of my pets want to become my close friends

If so, we have a few options.
1. I have a couple lvl 3 chests to open ... not that great, but I like treasure hunts
My t-hunter is far from ready yet so you would have to get yours.
2. killing paragons or other tough monsters. The hiryus are cool but get boring after a time

3. tame some better mare/WW. Those two we tamed last week have weak resists and since it takes a long time to train them up, I think it would be best to start with above average pets.
4. go and try tameing a greater drag. But here I will be extra picky (sorry, sometimes I can be a really bad minmaxer
I hope you don't mind)
5 .... anything different you would like to do. Afterall I can probably help you too in doing something, you could not or only with difficulty on your own

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training them up is fairly easy if you do what i tell you.

For the rest, i don't care what you want to do. I'm Flexible.

If you looking for me, i'm most likely at the Zoo.