• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unique Price Checking, possibly selling a one of a kind dark horse.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This horse that anyone can ride was purchased at auction at the 2011 Chesapeake Rares Festival. Its true origin is unknown. There is a rumor I will share in private to those interested. Trying to get more information about it. Open to offers, may turn this into an auction if there is enough interest in it. The horse is dark grey with a black mane and tail. Please check out the pictures for comparison to other horses that resemble it.

High Bid 400 Million by @Julieanna

Larisa's colored nightmare versus this dark horse I am possibly selling.

Here are the Dark Horse stats

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You know there are a few different colors of nightmares too right? Can you lore the *special* horse?

nightmare.jpg

Just asking because this is my nightmare...dark grey with black mane and tail....

mareenhanced.jpg

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what is the one I have here then?

I always thought it was just a "black horse"

(Picture from EC)

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Larisa I added a picture of a nightmare like yours for comparison. I also added its stats.
@Julieanna compared her nightmare that looks like Larisa's the other night.

It appears the Dark Horse is darker than any nightmare I have found in the classic client. However the color is similar in the enhanced client, but the graphics are clearly different.

@DJAd Your black horse seems lighter than the one I am selling, so yours maybe special as well.
@Smoot Despite the rumor I was given, perhaps you maybe right, mayhaps the origin of the common black horse and this dark horse are the same, and come from factions.

I suppose like any other rare in UO, particularly in this case, its beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Does the rare shade of this horse have more value than just a common black horse?

Any thoughts on what its worth?

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know for the regular black faction horses, the jet black was more desireable than the lighter black, even tho the light black was alot rarer. ive owned both versions (sold them all) and people always paid more for jet black despite it being more common.

if your really interested, i would find someone with the light black version of the faction horse. then compare this one too it. if it is in fact a different color, it might have some value to a pet collector. but to the general public i would say its worth less than a jet black.

im almost sure its the short-maned (noticed all the other ones in your pic are long-mane) version of the light faction horse. theres 3 versions of faction horse.

[Price Check] - All three black horses.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you Nails!

I did notice that the tail and the shape of the head are totally different as well...very nice animal!

If it is a rare faction horse it would be worth a lot in my opinion. I don't know how much the average faction horses go for, maybe find a few to screenshot for comparison?

Did a bit of digging here

Buying Pet - Looking for a Faction GUARD horse (not a Faction Warhorse)

Price on Old Faction Guard Horse "jet black"

Anywhere from 50-80 Mil depending on buyer and want of course :)

And depending on if there are any others like it. I think I sold mine for 50 awhile back.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
with photoshop yyou should be able to hue ID if one person took a photo of the different said horses. and get as accurate description as possible from the photo. take a photo of the horses then use photoshop to get the color then take a photo of and id that you know and compare the best you can.
should be easy enough

of course to be the most accurate the lighting and background should all be in the same position. on all photos taken

JohnJay1900

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
These are old horses not nightmares I own one also its a horse and nothing else it lores as a horse and only shows as 1 slot. Horse!.jpg Nightmare!.jpg Heres a Nightmare and Horse! comparison.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I dont know how much this will help, Like i said before the best way to tell hues with photoshop. is direct in game to photoshop color. I used to play another game where color matching was very important so i would use photoshop to take the color direct from the game. but I used the above photos and referenced where the color was taken from on the two the other 4 i tried to take the color from the same spot best i could. horse3.jpg horse.jpg

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you really want to put it side by side to a light faction one in game.

its hard to compare from the pics, the larger size may distort image.

Southernbelle

Journeyman
I have a black horse on my mage thats over 10 years old also that anyone can ride.

Mine is hue 1109

34 HP and 1 slot

My friend has one hue 1109

35 HP and 1 slot

Both are clearly different colors even though they show same color hue.

Last edited:

Southernbelle

Journeyman
After checking with guildies we have 1 light black/gray and possibly 4 black. We are all returning vets from many many years ago. We are very interested in prices also.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like to invite everyone who owns rare colored dark horses to join me on the Test Center to take pictures of all our horses together to see how many variations there are. Will have to either meet 1 on 1 or make a date for it. Contact me via Stratics PM or ICQ if you are interested.

Southernbelle

Journeyman
I would like to invite everyone who owns rare colored dark horses to join me on the Test Center to take pictures of all our horses together to see how many variations there are. Will have to either meet 1 on 1 or make a date for it. Contact me via Stratics PM or ICQ if you are interested.
Whats your icq number? Mine is 41189642 .. My guildies and I have 7-8

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do. Sounds like a good idea. I'm on holiday but will get in touch when I get home.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thus far compared horses to 4 players, and none have a matching colored horse. Here are some pics in both clients.

Example one shows lighter colored dark horses in short and long manes

Enhanced Client

Classic Client

Example two shows black common horses with a long mane lighter dark horse and my short mane darker dark horse

Enhanced Client

Classic Client

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have this old black horse. anyone can ride. 100mil. Please PM or icq to pick up! thanks. Says Tan horse in trade window from what i can remember

black horse.jpg .