• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

price check

F

freeza

well first question i guess would be are moveable ballot boxes legal to own and sell?

recently found some in an idoc

and if they are legal, any idea what they might be worth

G

They were at one point considered illegal to own. There's been quite a bit of debate recently here on the boards as to whether that is still the case, and I'm not aware if an accurate answer was ever found. In truth though they are often bought and sold, and I've never heard of a GM taking action against the owner of one in the past year or two.

As to price some people will tell you theyre worth upwards of 20-30m, but you can find them for far far less, within the range of 500k-1.5m and quite often at the price as well.

I've personally purchased around a dozen within that price range, and I have a friend who purchased several for 500k a month or two ago on LS.

Hope that helps....

A

Arris Windstorme

Here is the email I received from a GM on this issue a while back when I got mine:

Greetings,

Your e-mail has sparked some debate here, and we have taken it as far as the managers meeting to try to get a reasonable ruling on Portable Ballot boxes.
It was determined that because they do not offer a game advantage (like a portable forge might), then we will not take action on the Portable Ballot boxes. If you would like to purchase it, you are free to do so and display it however you like.

We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as they were considered against the rules to own, but because they are fairly benign, we will not remove them from the game.