• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price Check please

• Thread starter imported_xtashin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xtashin

Hi can i get a price check on a couple items please..

First up 'A Cloak Made By Sparrow [Exceptional]'. This cloak is SL/Evil Mage Blue. I only know of one other piece like this and its a kilt by the same maker, and its owned by VOY of LS who no longer plays.

Second a Full suite of REAL Unionite Armor w/ bronze shield. This is an LS Rare, Crafted by 'A Union Worker'. This armor was made by smelting Old NPC Vendor Armor and and taking the miscolored ingots and crafting with them. I dont know for sure how many sets of this there is but i know there is not many at all. ive been searching for it for 5 years, and im sure i bought the set my friend had 5 years ago..

Any help is appreciated

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SL/necro cloth is worth alot considering it has the right tags (hue its self was recreated with thrasher cloth i think?)....the Zog cloth you have isnt even rare ne more considering it still spawns....and the unionite ar you have is worth prolly around 5-10m for a set IMO....and im guna take a stab at the SL cloth saying around 3-5m per piece

and none of that is an "LS" rare....any shard could have those and theres no way to tell that it actualy originated there other than ur word.....not saying ur word isnt worth taking but you see what i am saying hehe

I

imported_xtashin

Rather than a price check, im more so looking for info about these items.
Does anyone know of anybody that still plays, that has a GM marked set of miscolored armor? any museums?
What about the Cloak? anybody know anyone with any other SL hued [Exceptional] clothing?

K

Kerrik

<blockquote><hr>

Rather than a price check, im more so looking for info about these items.
Does anyone know of anybody that still plays, that has a GM marked set of miscolored armor? any museums?
What about the Cloak? anybody know anyone with any other SL hued [Exceptional] clothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon my ignorance, but that simply looks like a suit of renaissance era dull copper.

If it had "Made by" tags , that would be something but I'm just not seeing anything too special there.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ur previous post made absolutely no sense at all....showing that picture made no sense at all....like i said Unionite ar was on all shards....theres no way to tell urs specifically came from LS....either way thats not important...the point is...i pretty much gave you all the info you need...you can 110% trust me that in no way what so ever is ur items "Unique" or "one of a kind" the prices i gave you are fairly accurate...if i was you and wanted to sell them id prolly auction them here just to see what you get....not really sure what else to say i mean yea tons of ppl have old Excep SL clothing im just not for sure exactly what ur trying to figure out=/

I

imported_xtashin

<blockquote><hr>

Pardon my ignorance, but that simply looks like a suit of renaissance era dull copper.

If it had "Made by" tags , that would be something but I'm just not seeing anything too special there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you looked at dull copper lately? Unlike that armor, dull copper is a rosey color. And would also read 'dull copper ringmail tunic'.

<blockquote><hr>

ur previous post made absolutely no sense at all....showing that picture made no sense at all....like i said Unionite ar was on all shards....theres no way to tell urs specifically came from LS....either way thats not important...the point is...i pretty much gave you all the info you need...you can 110% trust me that in no way what so ever is ur items "Unique" or "one of a kind" the prices i gave you are fairly accurate...if i was you and wanted to sell them id prolly auction them here just to see what you get....not really sure what else to say i mean yea tons of ppl have old Excep SL clothing im just not for sure exactly what ur trying to figure out=/

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think either is 'unique' at all, because as i said in my first post if you read, i know someone with a kilt with the same mark even. i have seen other 'a union worker' armor, somebody i know has a heater shield..

And as far as i know this guy 'A Union Worker' Played LS, and made the armor there long before char transfers (obviously).... Ever wonder where UNIONite got its name?

Im not interested in selling either what so ever.

Im just trying to figure out if maybe anyone here on this forum, knows of any other sets or pieces floating around out there.

K

Kerrik

No, not originally.

Colored ore was just that, colored... variety and status for a smith to be able to make Valorite or a miner to gather it, because once upon a time GM'ing Mining took years.. literally.

It had no properties, it didn't have special tags. Now, I could be 100% wrong here but it wasn't until around the time AOS came out that the different ores got different properties because prior to AOS it was just AR.

I

imported_xtashin

???
Colored ore has always been the same colors and colored ore has always gave different properties (or AR's) iron being the lowest, valorite being the highest..

Npc's used to sell miscolored armor, all the same colors as the TOT II pigments. For a while you were able to smelt the miscolored armor and get miscolored ingots with the same properties as iron. Which could be crafted with, back with the original Smithing menu that got you to target the ingots to use.

G

You are remembering incorrectly. Before there were colored ores, the only way to get colored armor was to buy the NPC colored plate and wear it, or smelt it and make your own distinctively hued armor. With colored ores came the new crafting menu, in which you had to choose what kind of ingot you wanted to use, and could no longer turn the NPC colored ingots into armor. These new armor pieces also had the ingot type name in their titles.

K

Kerrik

The point I am trying to make is that if the armor was that old, it would have Made By tags on it not Crafted By.

Practically all I did for the first 5 or 6 years was mine and run a smithy. Believe me, if it were possible prior to the appearance of colored ore to simply smelt store bought colored chain and plate I would have been doing it myself.

Caveat Emptor.

I

imported_xtashin

<blockquote><hr>

Believe me, if it were possible prior to the appearance of colored ore to simply smelt store bought colored chain and plate I would have been doing it myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Very possible for a short time, thats <u>HOW</u> this armor was crafted...End of story... looks like you missed out...

PS. just because i dont have 50000 posts here. Does not mean im a noob. or even a 'new' rares collector. I have been buying and selling rares on LS since 2000.