• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Price Check on this item

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To a collector that knows what they are buying, probably 35-75m. They’re more desirable than the sandals or thigh boots.
Do you, or anyone else knowledged on Rares, know what these shoes rarity might be ?

How hard are they to come by ?

I guess that the value of a rare much depends, aheam, by its "rarity".... so, the less of a given item there are, the more rare it is and, thus, more valuable it becomes....

Another factor in their rarity, might also be coming by their "age"..... some Rares date back to the early Years of Ultima Online and some Rares' Collectors might be interested in getting them, regardless of their pricing, so as to secure a comprehensive Collection of "early UO Years" Rares, so to speak....

To these Collectors, current EM Event items, while being rares, might be of less of an interest as compared to early UO Years rares because EM Event items, while being Rares, do not hold, at least to my opinion, the same meaning and weight of UO Early Years Rares....

As in regards to these shoes, how much difficult they are to come by ? Also, how "old" are they ?

Anyone knows their history of how they happened to become as they are and when did they stop being available and, thus, became a Rare ?

That is, is there a "history" of this particular Rare available ? Any Rares Collectors out there having this knowledge ?

Thanks !!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
boots are most popular, shoes second. sandles pretty common, and thigh boots not that desireable, but rarer than sandles.

shoes i would not sell for less than 25m, might go up to 100 for someone who really wanted.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Are you looking to sell them? Or just trying to find some info? I can fill you in on the details if you are just interested in learning about them. However we should have that discussion over PM's to save bumping this over and over.

However if you do want to sell them, I will gladly make this my first "back to UO" purchase.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I sold one pair very recently (before xmas) on a vendor for 175m second pair I sold for 150m. Previously shoes were one of the most sought after (Blessed) item and I have found them harder to acquire than boots etc.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would say they are about the same as the boots. Maybe there are fewer shoes but the boots are more popular...I cant say, but they are both something I get excited about. 150m seems steep, but I would love to see that the market is still in a good place for these items. Maybe my junk is worth more than I realized.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My offer was going to be 80m which when I was playing regularly and collecting this stuff that was a fair price. I may have paid a little more than that even. Still waiting to hear if they are for sale.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still considering the pros and cons... the thread is Titled "price check on this item", not "item for sale"..... I am gathering the informations and then, I will make up my mind whether to keep it or sell it should I get an offer which cannot be refused.

I’m
If you're looking for history on these, basically they're just a plain old normal pair of shoes that had a clothing bless deed applied to them prior to the patch that went into effect that changed the item description from (blessed) to just plain blessed. It's no different than if you put a clothing bless deed on them now other than the fact that you won't get (blessed) when you do it. I can't remember the actual patch or date of it but it was 99/2000 ish, someone who keeps track of those probably could chime in with the exact timing/patch.

It signifies age of the item and to the older players there is a nostalgia factor involved. Some people like to wear them on their bank sitter, some people like to use them on mannequins to display other like items together, etc.

These definitely date back to the first 4 years of UO, that age range. So that along with the level of scarcity creates the value that people are willing to pay.

My valuation is based on what I've seen items priced and sell for over the last year, but I don't see everything that is placed and sold off a vendor, so like Deaol said he's sold them for much more and with the commission vendors now you can just put something on there with whatever price you want up to 175m and cross your fingers.

End of the day, with something with subjective pricing, it comes down to what someone is willing to pay if they really want it.

As far as #'s, i don't think anyone could tell you that. It's more than 1 and less than 1,000 but I have no clue as to the actual number out there. I will say there are far more (blessed) sandals because that was the thing back then. Everyone wanted (blessed) black sandals back in the day.

I’m gonna say this is closer to 1998. Back then nothing was black unless someone glitched a dye tub that’s why people blessed shoes dyed this color the sandals were from NPCs and the dye tub wasn’t officially released until the end of 1998 which puts these probably before then because most people were able to dye stuff black easily after that and would not bless it unless it were the sandals. (However this is just my guess and the patch would be 100% accurate.)

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Are they a color that you cannot dye them now? I thought the color shown was from him having the mouse over the item.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You were able to double (bless) items up and until around when the makers mark patch, which I think came out in November 1999. Out of all my journies (blessed) shoes were definately the rarest and most sought after of footwear this was "BACK IN THE DAY" of course I dont know jack now adays; boots/thigh boots and sandals were far more common. Unfortunately all of the older collectors whom sought these pieces are now long gone from the game so values are truly more of a "How much would you pay for it" kind of deal. Shoes of exceptional Quality (blessed) / Shoes Sewn by Whomever [exceptional] / (blessed) or Shoes recovered from a shipwreck (blessed) are even more scarce. Anywho... just my .02