• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] price check on robe

L

longrod

it says ''i was killed by professor jenkins and have the death robe to prove it'' this is on napa valley

L

longrod

yes it is for sale it actually says ''i was killed multiple times by professor jenkins and have the death robe to prove it''. and no i dont have a screen shot but will show it to you

L

LordDED

FYI,

This is not a rare you can get on at the Napa Valley Brit Event hall by double clicking the Daemon statue. I ve seen at leat 50 people come in and get one.

D

Deb

Yep definitely not going to be worth a whole lot as anyone can get them.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Robes & Sash's are off the 3 statues there. Not a rare with all the hundreds getting them

S

Suzzy

Also, to those that pointed out that it is not a rare, thank you.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to take just a minute to share some facts about this item.

During the meet and greets on several shards last night, EM's tested out their new "vending machine" method of distributing things that were meant to be given to a larger number of people (as discussed in this thread http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=181032).

On Napa last night, the EM's not only set up statues that would give each character an "EM Sash", there was additionally a Demon statue with a timer on it which gave one of these robes to each character that clicked it. When I first saw the statue a short bit before the meet & greet began, it had approx 28000 seconds on it (just under 8 hours). If you visit the hall now, the statue is gone.

Professor Jenkins has been a part of an ongoing storyline on Napa and yes, anyone who has fought he or his minions "have the deathrobes to prove it". The item was available on one shard for 8 hours only, with a limitation of one per char. I would say that qualifies as a rare in the same way that a Servant of Talkeesh Robe, a Zessler Guard robe, or a Tome of Love (EM item from ATL) would.

S

Suzzy

This item could raise a lot of debate. The fact that the item was easily obtainable for an 8 hour period makes the quantity of the item unknown. For all we know, there could be thousands of these robes out there. No one will ever know. I wouldn't liken these robes to talkeesh robes or tome of loves, as the quantity of those were able to be estimated.

I would say these robes have more in common to cloaks of corruption/silence or conjurer's garbs. Both of those items were obtainable for a period of time as well then cut off. Now the time period wasn't nearly as short, but they were more difficult to get. Conjurer's Garbs are not considered rare. And if it is agreed that this robe has more in common to a conjurer's garb due to release method, then it belongs in the Trader's Hall, not the Rare's forum.

Thanks for the information though, it will help a lot to come up with a consensus.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The point that I disagree with you on is that the Conj Garb / Cloaks of silence / corruption were available on all shards for an extended period of time. They also tied into the overall story, and not the EM plot of a specific shard. It would aslo seem like this method of distribution will become much more common.

S

Suzzy

I think the major flaw with this distribution system, if you're going to argue that items distributed this way are rare, is that quantity will never be known. Quantity is the most important aspect of rarity.

Now, as long as it's made clear that a particular item was distributed this way and that quantity is unknown(meaning that there could possibly be many of them out there), then it truly is buyer beware. If someone who knows this then chooses to spend a lot of money on this item then later finds out that there really are thousands of this item out there, then it would be the purchasers fault for buying it for a large amount, not the sellers. As long as the information is available it at least helps people come up with a value in their own minds.

The key to focus on here is that quantity is unknown, and will remain that way.

S

Suzzy

Also, just to be clear, I don't mind if people consider this a rare, it's not my place to decide on what is what. I am just happy to see that proper information was given out in regards to this item so that people can decide on their own what they want to value the item at.

It's a cool item, but I wouldn't offer anymore than what a conjurer's robe is going for these days. That is just me though.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the major flaw with this distribution system, if you're going to argue that items distributed this way are rare, is that quantity will never be known. Quantity is the most important aspect of rarity.

Now, as long as it's made clear that a particular item was distributed this way and that quantity is unknown(meaning that there could possibly be many of them out there), then it truly is buyer beware. If someone who knows this then chooses to spend a lot of money on this item then later finds out that there really are thousands of this item out there, then it would be the purchasers fault for buying it for a large amount, not the sellers. As long as the information is available it at least helps people come up with a value in their own minds.

The key to focus on here is that quantity is unknown, and will remain that way.
Quantities have always been for the most part a big *guess*. Unless the EM specifically states the number...it will always be a best guess. For this item, since it is no longer obtainable...has a unique name...and fits in with the storyline...I would most def call it a rare...even if 200 did spawn.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn it they turned it off.... someone give me a robe !

S

Suzzy

Several people have admitted to me that they have 25+ of this robe across several accounts. I'd wager that a lot more than 200 of these were obtained. Just thought it would be worth mentioning for any potential buyers out there.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If EMs are going to be distributing "reward" items in this matter I fully suggest the criteria for rarity be rethought. I really do not think flooding the market with supposed rares gained in this manner would qualify.

The Tal'Keesh robes are NOT to be used in comparison. Those were distributed to players (and not many mind you) who were on the blue dragon's side. Granted, some people used alts to get that particular item, but the EM at that time paid close attention to who was who and I personally witnessed him refusing to give that robe to a person.

These robes (and anything distributed even for "limited time" in this manner) are not the same thing. People NOT attending or even participating grabbed robes and sashes. What's up with that? Why even attend an event if people are going to be able to just grab the "reward"?

Totally ruins the reason for the game if you ask me. Wanna collect pixels, go to Neopets - is how I feel about it. Don't get me wrong, I love the rares market, but this (mass distribution for no real purpose other than to HAVE something) will ruin the market and devalue "real" rares.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If EMs are going to be distributing "reward" items in this matter I fully suggest the criteria for rarity be rethought. I really do not think flooding the market with supposed rares gained in this manner would qualify.
Depends on the item and time that was spent distributing.

The Tal'Keesh robes are NOT to be used in comparison. Those were distributed to players (and not many mind you) who were on the blue dragon's side. Granted, some people used alts to get that particular item, but the EM at that time paid close attention to who was who and I personally witnessed him refusing to give that robe to a person.
Wrong, more than 400 of these were initially distributed...refusal by a GM is no different than the statue not allowing you to pull a second robe on that char. On the flip side...less than 400 of these were snagged.

These robes (and anything distributed even for "limited time" in this manner) are not the same thing. People NOT attending or even participating grabbed robes and sashes. What's up with that? Why even attend an event if people are going to be able to just grab the "reward"?
Ok...back to the talkeesh...you admit there that many people came back on alts...what is the difference here? if you are going to be open to one be open to both...the only thing that differs here is the manner of distribution.

Totally ruins the reason for the game if you ask me. Wanna collect pixels, go to Neopets - is how I feel about it. Don't get me wrong, I love the rares market, but this (mass distribution for no real purpose other than to HAVE something) will ruin the market and devalue "real" rares.
How is anything being ruined? The EMs already stated that items will still be distributed in events. All these statues did is free up time for the EMs to do more important things...rather than the monotonous chore of handing things out one by one.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several people have admitted to me that they have 25+ of this robe across several accounts. I'd wager that a lot more than 200 of these were obtained. Just thought it would be worth mentioning for any potential buyers out there.
Who cares? I do not see anyone complaining about the rarity of the cupid hats or other items given out in mass. The only thing you are complaining about is the manner in which these items were distributed...not the actual number. If that really mattered to you...you would have brought up the other items given out in mass too.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Mesanna said this in the thread referenced up further in this thread

Ok guys I really think your over reacting here a bit....EM greeting sashes were NEVER supposed to be a rare item.

Special items are still going to be given as drops on a mob. This tool will be used for times when things are massed produced to celebrate a day and/or to give an item to all players that attend the event. This will speed up distribution for the larger shards so people do not have to stand in line for hours to get an item.

Please tell me how this is a bad addition?
These are for items that are not meant to be rare but imo for people to say remember when. Mesanna states rares will still drop. So most of the arguments here are moot points. Not everything has to be rare. So seems to me, the reason to play is still valid. Show up and enjoy the events for what they are. Everything else is gravy.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

These are for items that are not meant to be rare but imo for people to say remember when. Mesanna states rares will still drop. So most of the arguments here are moot points. Not everything has to be rare. So seems to me, the reason to play is still valid. Show up and enjoy the events for what they are. Everything else is gravy.
Agreed! Sometimes I think we forget the reason we ever came to play the game.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

And that is the point I tried to make in my last post about this..."show up and enjoy the event" and for those people that are there get something to "remember when." I personally don't think giving items out for up to 8 hours later to everyone and anyone fits the spirit of the event and its corresponding vending machine item.

If the EM's want to use a machine then fine but I think they should lock the doors and only hand out the items to the people there. (Again, people there get a memento for being there). That will help a lot on time as well since multiple alts can't be brought in to get items.

And being a rares collector myself, I would like to know how many of these items are "loaded" into the vending machine and/or distributed.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

uh...except for the fact that she was talking about sashes...and *vending machines* that were long term (like those for the sashes)...rather than those on a short timer (for items other than sashes).

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is the point I tried to make in my last post about this..."show up and enjoy the event" and for those people that are there get something to "remember when." I personally don't think giving items out for up to 8 hours later to everyone and anyone fits the spirit of the event and its corresponding vending machine item.

If the EM's want to use a machine then fine but I think they should lock the doors and only hand out the items to the people there. (Again, people there get a memento for being there). That will help a lot on time as well since multiple alts can't be brought in to get items.

And being a rares collector myself, I would like to know how many of these items are "loaded" into the vending machine and/or distributed.
well...I personally would rather have the EMs spend their time planning things for everyone...rather than spending it handing stuff out by hand that can be done with an in game item.

like the tome of love, the cloak of silence...do you see the difference?

please stop using sashes as an example...thanks.

Price on the robe? I would say between 15-30...

S

Suzzy

Who cares? I do not see anyone complaining about the rarity of the cupid hats or other items given out in mass. The only thing you are complaining about is the manner in which these items were distributed...not the actual number. If that really mattered to you...you would have brought up the other items given out in mass too.
I find it rather amusing that you think I'm complaining when you agreed with my support of this distribution method in a previous thread.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=181032

I'm not sure how you arrived to your conclusions...

Anyway, I shall point out that my posts have been consistent in stating that I want people to be informed in regards to items distributed this way as their quantity is high and their value should reflect that. I hate seeing/hearing of people being ripped off due to lack of information. I'm sorry that you feel that me pointing out that there are a lot of something so that people are informed is a form of complaining. I just want people to have as much information as possible before making a purchase on a good. Seems like it would make sense to try to have all the facts before buying, doesn't it?

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well...I personally would rather have the EMs spend their time planning things for everyone...rather than spending it handing stuff out by hand that can be done with an in game item.

like the tome of love, the cloak of silence...do you see the difference?

please stop using sashes as an example...thanks.

Price on the robe? I would say between 15-30...
I never mentioned a word about sashes.

Also, I said if they wanted to use the vending machines that was fine but I still thought in keeping with the spirit of the event it should be limited to the people that actually attended the event.

Maybe this didn't come through as clearly as I thought it did in my first post. The vending machine method is ok in my opinion for the handing out of hundreds of the same item. My only issue with it is that an event item should be restricted to the people that attended the event.

As for a price check on the robe, I think it would be worth less than 10 mill if 100s of them were given out over a period of 8 hours. It has no special qualities and no special color. The original poster said he found it on the ground.