• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price Check Aisle 3

P

Pezu

I just came back to UO and i'm thinking of selling my stuff off already. I'm curious what the current prices are of the following:

Inquis Resolution
Hat of the Magi
Staff of the Magi
Armor of Fortune
Helm of Insight
Shadow Dancer Leggings
Hunter's Headdress
Ornament of the Magician
Heartwood runic fletching kits
Yew runic fletching kits
barbed kits

Also, my account is 5.5 years (65 months), pretty much all 120ed out on various accounts. Mostly mage-type chars. I have a tamer (120ed) and some dexers and stealthers.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came back to UO and i'm thinking of selling my stuff off already. I'm curious what the current prices are of the following:

Inquis Resolution - Around 35 to 40 mil
Hat of the Magi - Seen for 8 mil
Staff of the Magi - ?
Armor of Fortune - ?
Helm of Insight - 400 to 600k
Shadow Dancer Leggings - 2 Mil range
Hunter's Headdress - ?
Ornament of the Magician - Big range here, seen 13-22 mil range
Heartwood runic fletching kits - ?
Yew runic fletching kits - ?
barbed kits - 2 Mil
Hope this helps, seems tho lately prices change so rapidly it's hard to predict some.

P

Pezu

Damn. Sounds like i should just x-fer my stuff to another shard before I sell it. :(

I remember when Ornys were much more than 16-22 mil. That's how much Hats of the magi used to sell for. :'(

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn. Sounds like i should just x-fer my stuff to another shard before I sell it. :(
Don't bother. Napa has some of the highest average selling prices of any shard. Can buy Ornis all day on ATL for 9mil for example.

Inquis Resolution 28-34
Hat of the Magi 6-8
Staff of the Magi 1-2
Armor of Fortune 7-9
Helm of Insight .5-1
Shadow Dancer Leggings 1.5-3
Hunter's Headdress 1-3
Ornament of the Magician 9-14
Heartwood runic fletching kits 13-16
Yew runic fletching kits 1.5-3.5
barbed kits 2

E

eccentricjules

Is there a good price list anywhere? Or any website to help with this stuff? I keep finding things in my house... like a bag of 86 tokens. I think every kind possible really. I just keep pulling things out of nowhere. Bags of Tokuno dyes and marties (can we get those anymore?)

A list... anywhere? anyone?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sites xxxxxxxxxxxx allow you to get an idea what the going market rate is for your shard.
Yes, it's too bad those sites are run by exploiters though.

There should be some legitimate way to search all vendors in game. I used to be against the idea, but not anymore.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know and i feel the same way but without anything to compare your items to they are only worth what somewhat is willing to pay for them. kinda like ebay.

P

Pezu

sites xxxxxxxxxxxx allow you to get an idea what the going market rate is for your shard.
Yes, it's too bad those sites are run by exploiters though.

There should be some legitimate way to search all vendors in game. I used to be against the idea, but not anymore.
When you say that the sites are run by exploiters, what exactly are you referring to? The term "exploiter" means "one who exploits." What exactly are they exploiting? I know the way they gather the information is from automated scripts and/or third party programs, but that's not really exploiting anything.

However, many of the venders in luna are run by exploters. They are people who exploit bugs to dupe the items they sell, or people who use scripts to automate the killing and farming of creatures and resources and other items.

The people who made the sites mentioned are simply providing easy access to information that can be gained manually over countless hours. The sites are now free, meaning the people who run the sites are no longer making money from doing so, except through advertisement revenue.

C

Cysphruo

The people who made the sites mentioned are simply providing easy access to information that can be gained manually over countless hours. The sites are now free, meaning the people who run the sites are no longer making money from doing so, except through advertisement revenue.
im not knocking the sites, but to say they truelly offer it as a free service would be false, theres no public site that offers the service without ads of their brokering services, where the brokers get their items from is rarely legit.

P

Pezu

im not knocking the sites, but to say they truelly offer it as a free service would be false, theres no public site that offers the service without ads of their brokering services, where the brokers get their items from is rarely legit.
Duh. That's why i said "except through advertisement revenue."

C

Cysphruo

it wasnt meant to sound like that, to say all they do is run a script and dont exploit would be false, thats all im saying.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the way they gather the information is from automated scripts and/or third party programs, but that's not really exploiting anything.
An exploiter is a person who uses exploits.

The program used to run their unattended script is illegal per the EA ToS. In fact, it is a banning offense on these boards to even mention it. Essentially they are hacking and manipulating the client data stream. That is an exploit.

An exploiter is also a person who runs very sophisticated (or any, but in this case, very complex) macros unattended according to EA.

A banning offense, according to EA, is distributing books in-game with a for-profit URL on them.

Two counts of exploitation and one count of banning offense with full knowledge of what they are doing, continued over a long, long period of time, all to bring people in droves to their sites in order to view their 'gold and items for $ale' advertising.

A good business plan (its making them rich, which is all that matters to a business), but I would not say that they are not exploiting.

E

eccentricjules

An exploiter is also a person who runs very sophisticated (or any, but in this case, very complex) macros unattended according to EA.

A good business plan (its making them rich, which is all that matters to a business), but I would not say that they are not exploiting.
Pete, I feel you have taken Pezu's words out of context and are now twisting them around. If you carefully read his post you will see that he was referring to the actual definition of an "exploiter" as if you went to your bookshelf at home and looked up the word in the Dictionary.

YOU are talking about EA's definition of an exploiter.

These are two different things... I may also be misunderstanding Pezu, but what I got from his post was that the people doing this are not doing it to further themselves in the game, they are not using the exploit to further their position or wealth IN GAME.... they are, however, gaining monetary revenue in real life (he said "except through advertisement revenue").

Don't think for a moment that Stratics doesn't get monetary revenue for their banner ads.... I take his post for what it was; a valid question on if they are actually exploiting us as people (again, outside of the EA definition). You view banner ads in exchange for useful information. If you don't want to see banner ads don't use the site - it’s a give and take relationship therefore these sites aren't “exploiting” anyone.

Programs are bad. I in no way advocate them, but I think what most of us have come to realize is that this is a totally different kind of exploit than what we have encountered in the past.

P

Pezu

Lav's right. If someone wrote a script to automate a character walking around luna to inventory every single vendor within the city walls, that's not really an exploit. I know it's against the rules and all that... but when I talk about exploits, I'm referring to people who exploit bugs in the UO game code to dupe items, or stack item properties (anyone remember the old bugged darkwood suits?) or achieve any other end result that you're not supposed to be able to achieve (i.e. super pots, or the old school tinker made items with 1,000+ uses).

Someone who writes and/or uses a script to automate the process of gaining any crafting skill is not an exploiter. Someone who writes/uses a script to automate resource gathering is not an exploiter. They are both, however, cheaters. There's no question about that.

A few years ago, the people/person who started the mentioned websites did charge a fee to use the site per month. You could either pay with in-game gold, or real money. This is no longer the case.

Now, as for the brokers selling items that "are rarely legit," the brokers do have plausible deniability. They almost certainly have adopted a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to the origin of anything they buy and sell. Does this make the brokers exploiters? No.